LegacyGT.com

Cadillac ATS Brembo Caliper Upgrade for your Subaru

LatentWagen

Patrick, thanks for your input, and for popping into this thread; read many of your informative posts and have benefited from your advice over on the other forum.

edit: and for that multi-quote above, well said. More on the co-efficient of heat please, PJF :lol:

Edited by LatentWagen
LW's spec. B / YT / IG

any reason why you attacked me but not my points?

haha

blame your parents for raising such a codependent ignorant kid. im not your bro. im not in your circle jerk crew. dont like physics? you shouldnt have failed it.

what exactly did you add to this that was beneficial besides your whining?

http://enthone.com/Auto_Blog/2014/January/Aluminum_Brake_Calipers.aspx

In my 27 years of youth I have:

-Served honorably in the United States Marine Corps

-2 combat deployments including a purple heart and a Combat Action Ribbon

-Completed a Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering from Rutgers University

-Full time employed as an Electrical Engineer

-Own a house in one of the country's wealthiest areas to live

What thefuck have you done with yours?

I more than understand physics I just choose not to be an obnoxious **** stick like yourself and shove unwanted narcism down the throats of the members of the forum. Let me spell this out for you, one member pointed out this thread was derailed, I pointed out that YOU derailed this thread with your nonsense. I then pointed out that thread derailments typically are humorous, yours aren't except at your expense because you lack to common sense to see that no one gives a **** what you have to contribute because you always plead it in an argumentive state.

I know you're still bitter that you helped the horny gypsy out in hopes of sexual favors in return and you failed. You must not understand how talking to women works, I bet you wish your mom swallowed you.

Edited by THE RZA

I'm sad that my 04 bbs's probably won't fit these. I guess girth really DOES matter...

Yeah, I don't see how any 17's will be able to fit with this kit. The offset adapter doesn't allow for full pad contact or for proper fitment. I just did the STI Brembo swap, and those are very close to the barrels on my 17's.

Yeah, I don't see how any 17's will be able to fit with this kit.

There are already pics on their FB page, and on NASIOC, of 17" wheels being used with this kit. Obviously it depends on how the inner barrel is contoured (in addition to the spoke clearance).

I don't know if there will be any response, but I just posted the following on their FB page:

I've seen some posts on a couple forums with people having mixed results fitting 17" wheels over this setup due to contact with the inner barrel of the wheel. It would be nice to see you guys post up a fitment template (like what Stoptech or Baer publish for their kits) so people don't have to roll the dice on whether their 17s will clear or not. I have 3 sets of 17" wheels (summer, winter, & track/auto-x); it would be very nice to know this kit would clear my wheels *before* I order any parts.

You can pretty easily take measurements like those shown in the attached pic (from my '05 CTS-V) and turn those into a template that people could print out and test against their wheels.

http://www.submariner.org/thepno95/Pictures/CTS-V%20pics/Suspension%20and%20Chassis/V2%20brakes/04-07%20CTS-V%20rear%20brakes.jpg

Edited by Patrick Olsen

The problem is someone has to be willing to mount them and measure. So far we only have one legacy bro with the mounted. I might throw my car on the lift at the shop latter and measure my brembo setup for reference.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

Pads in?

nugatory. just bracket, caliper, seals, slide pins, bleed nipple and rear banjo.

haven't torn them down for their electrolysis, paint and rebuild. no brackets, pads, shims/blanks (no pads yet either).

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

Wow, that makes front calipers alone a 10lbs reduction in un-sprung weight! Granted, you add a little back with the rotor (which is rotating, to boot). Still a net upgrade, IMO.

much better bang for buck than specb LCAs... :cool:

Granted, you add a little back with the rotor (which is rotating, to boot). Still a net upgrade, IMO.

do you think the STI rotor is lighter than the LGT rotor?

Cause if i understand correctly, this kit uses the STI rotors drilled out to 5x100, right? or maybe i missed the rotor completely...

do you think the STI rotor is lighter than the LGT rotor?

You quoted me above. Reduce weight with the caliper, give back a little with the rotor. My assumption was that the STi rotor is a few pounds heavier. Unless you did something stupid and went with a 2pc rotor ;)

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

You quoted me above. Reduce weight with the caliper, give back a little with the rotor. My assumption was that the STi rotor is a few pounds heavier. Unless you did something stupid and went with a 2pc rotor ;)

looks like 22lb (LGT premium front rotor) vs. 23 lb (2004 STI high carbon front rotor) from Centric data sheet...

Edited by Flinkly

looks like 22lb (LGT premium front rotor) vs. 23 lb (2004 STI high carbon front rotor) from Centric data sheet...

dba 4k are much lighter than stock. im sure the incremental increase in size to what ever fits with this caliper wouldnt be much more than stock sized dba 4k weight. i have a used one in the garage but never weighed it.

anyone going from stock rotors to a slightly larger dba will probably say it feels much better. i will say from experience the suspension is more active with lighter wheels and rotors. car doesnt jostle like stock.

if you all are seriously looking into weight reduction id check dba. im not sure the weight of the stoptech rotors though or any other.

ive yet to see an 18" wheel lighter than 17. given the same maker and even model. you will shave a few pounds at least with just rotors alone. even that is noticeable. heavy wheels will negate the weight shedding though. once you get used to lighter weights you dont want to go back. the car is more lively even just a little. suspension improvements feels good.

dba 4k are much lighter than stock. im sure the incremental increase in size to what ever fits with this caliper wouldnt be much more than stock sized dba 4k weight. i have a used one in the garage but never weighed it.

anyone going from stock rotors to a slightly larger dba will probably say it feels much better. i will say from experience the suspension is more active with lighter wheels and rotors. car doesnt jostle like stock.

if you all are seriously looking into weight reduction id check dba. im not sure the weight of the stoptech rotors though or any other.

ive yet to see an 18" wheel lighter than 17. given the same maker and even model. you will shave a few pounds at least with just rotors alone. even that is noticeable. heavy wheels will negate the weight shedding though. once you get used to lighter weights you dont want to go back. the car is more lively even just a little. suspension improvements feels good.

In terms of front rotors:

DBA 4k (DBA 42650S) weights 23.2 lbs according to Amazon.

Centric Premium (120.47024) weights 22.4 lbs according to Amazon.

Subaru OE (26300AG02A) weights ~22lbs (10kg) according to a few online sources.

Can you explain the physics behind why the DBAs are much lighter than stock? I must have failed that class in college.

EDIT: Actually, the STI size DBA 4ks (DBA 4654S-10) come in at 21.6 lbs (Amazon), so they weigh less than the LGT ones. Interesting. Do all 5x100 STI rotors weigh less than the LGT ones? My google-hand is getting tired.

Edited by Dispatch20

Do all 5x100 STI rotors weigh less than the LGT ones? My google-hand is getting tired.

no, according to centric (as i posted above), the 2004 centric high carbon rotors are 23 lbs each and the LGT centric premium rotors are 22 lbs each. take it with a grain of salt though, since i think their rounding to the nearest lb. might only be .1 lb difference or 1.9 lb difference.

To clarify and compare:

For LGT fronts:

DBA 4k (DBA 42650S) weights 23.2lbs (Amazon)

Centric Premium (120.47024) weights 22.4lbs (Amazon)

For 04 STI fronts:

DBA 4ks (DBA 4654S-10) come in at 21.6lbs (Amazon)

Centric/Stoptech slotted (126.47019SL): 23lbs (Amazon)

Subaru OE / Brembo (26300FE00): 20lbs (Amazon)

But I don't really trust much of this. Sometimes Amazon lists a separate "item weight" versus a "shipping weight", and sometimes they don't. In the case of the STI OE rotor, the item weight was 20lbs, and the shipping weight was 23.6lbs. However, they all list the item weight, so that's what I listed above assuming it was just the item alone.

Edited by Dispatch20

To clarify and compare:

For LGT fronts:

DBA 4k (DBA 42650S) weights 23.2lbs (Amazon)

Centric Premium (120.47024) weights 22.4lbs (Amazon)

For 04 STI fronts:

DBA 4ks (DBA 4654S-10) come in at 21.6lbs (Amazon)

Centric/Stoptech slotted (126.47019SL): 23lbs (Amazon)

Subaru OE / Brembo (26300FE00): 20lbs (Amazon)

But I don't really trust much of this. Sometimes Amazon lists a separate "item weight" versus a "shipping weight", and sometimes they don't. In the case of the STI OE rotor, the item weight was 20lbs, and the shipping weight was 23.6lbs. However, they all list the item weight, so that's what I listed above assuming it was just the item alone.

No way they weigh what they say they weigh :p

They also list the DBA 5000 T3 STi rotor as 20.4lbs (what I run), and they're definitely much lighter than the Subaru OE/Brembo, and likely more than 1.2lbs lighter than the 4000.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG