LegacyGT.com

Time for new pads

ktm200

60k miles and its time for new pads.

First, yes I have searched. I've read half a dozen threads on pads and no one seems to agree with each other. One thread on hawk HPS I read everything from "best street pads" to "downright scary".

So I'm hoping some folks who have tried a few different pads could give an honest recommendation based on my conditions.

Pretty simple, stock pads feel subpar and I'm looking for something that will grab much better. Spirited street driving. I do alot of long highway trips and plenty of well below freezing driving so I DO NOT want any sort of heat up required. Brakes cold, emergency stop, I want the damn car to stop. Also don't mind light dusting but don't want the have to wash the wheels after my commute to work every day (50mi). Looking for low noise too.

Plan to keep stock rotors for now, going to stoptech or dba rotors by summer.

Been looking at Carbotech Bobcat, Stoptech, and project mu street sports. What do you recommend?

Contact Mike at http://www.AZPinstalls.com email him and ask for his guidance.

I have Hawk Ceramic's on my wagon and love them. I have Hawk HPS on my Spec B and the wheels get dirty very fast.

I also got my DBA slotted rotors from him, along with a bunch of other stuff from him.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I had Hawk HPS pads when I had stock calipers and I thought they were great. So great in fact, I'm swapping out my StopTech pads in my BBK for more Hawk HPS pads. As long as you bed them properly you'll be good to go. I don't care for StopTech pads much to be honest (dusty, so-so stopping power), and I don't have experience with the other two you mentioned.

Archived