LegacyGT.com

tight valves

so i'm gonna have my valves adjusted (tight valves) at 92k miles. my car is only 1 owner and my daily commuter. for the most part, i have babied my car and have been good about the oil changes. other than the an axel repair, my car hasnt had any major problems. is this common in subarus? thanks just not to happy dishn out $1600.

I would try to find a reputable subaru mechanic in the local sections. It sounds like your mechanic is just taking shots in the dark.

In all my reading on here I don't remember hearing about a missfire being caused by "tight valves".

I would try to find a reputable subaru mechanic in the local sections. It sounds like your mechanic is just taking shots in the dark.

In all my reading on here I don't remember hearing about a missfire being caused by "tight valves".

my mechanic couldnt figure out what was wrong. the car is at the largest subaru service in houston (gillman).

Hopefully someone with a little more experience with this problem will chime in. IIRC missfires in cyl 2 are sometimes due to the design of the intake causing that cyl to get more air than the others. A good tune might solve your problems better than anything else.

Archived