LegacyGT.com

HID's, check e, cruise, and low idle help

my 05 gt car was running great. engine is stock form. i disabled the drl and had ddm hid's installed today.

when i started the car after new HID install, the engine light, cruise (blinking), at low idle was present. HID installers insisted I get the battery checked.

went to autozone and noticed something unplugged (i plugged it back in)...i think it was the o2 sensor? i'm not a car expert but it was a black plug that was unplugged on the passenger side near the engine.

autozone checked my battery and it was good.

i took my car to the shop and they reset the car. the check engine and blinking cruise light are now gone but the car is low idle. it seems to vibrate more. the shop said the car may take some time to relearn to idle or something. they also said it's possible the map sensor may have been damaged. my car doesn't run the same and i'm pissed.

any of you experts know what's going on? or what could have happened? did the ddm hid's do this? did the installers mess up and damage something by not plugging in that plug i mentioned? any other possible problems.

would appreciate any feedback.

You unplugged your MAF sensor. Disconnect your battery for about 5 min after plugging it back it(sound like you already did) and then reconnect it and start it up. IT'll run a little rough while the computer adjusts.

Ok, well if they reset it already thats what disconnecting the battery would do so you can skip that. If the MAF sensor plug got wet at all it could mess something up, but disconnecting it wouldn't do anything to the actual sensor because the sensor would have stayed in the air box.

GL

If they knew anything they would have. I've accidently left the MAF unplugged and started the car before. I got a blinking cruise and a CEL. All I had to do was reconnect the plug and take the red/positive cable off my battery for like 5 min. It will run rough at first, that's normal. Could take 3 or more start ups before it starts running smoothly.

ok. car runs better now. however, the gas light was on and i filled it and it hasn't gone away. anyway to get this to light to go away?

That's really strange. Does your fuel gauge work? I'd disconnect the battery (again) and just hope that the light goes away.

Archived