LegacyGT.com

T broke my seat!

foghat

I want to start by saying that I weigh 175 pounds and don’t consider myself overweight by any means. I was driving the other day and in the middle of a turn I felt a pop behind my back, all of a sudden the seat felt lopsided. After adjusting the lumbar support up and down a few times I can to the conclusion that I had broke the left side of the lumbar support and it was only working on the one side. If I put the lever all the way down (with no support) the seat feels fine but on a long trip I need the lumbar.

I fixed the lumbar myself.. easy fix.. dont worry, I thought I broke mine too just as you described but really it's just that the lumbar bar just popped out of it's holder.. I only weigh 152 lbs, so it's not the weight, it's the force of your back applied on that bar that bends it out of the holder.. here's the thread, answer of how to fix it resides on post #28:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21536

Keefe

I'm starting to notice alot of seat threads, and not the normal "its uncomfortable" threads, but more like, My seat broke, squeaks, fell off.

SOA,'

fix the damn seats!!

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I fixed the lumbar myself.. easy fix.. dont worry, I thought I broke mine too just as you described but really it's just that the lumbar bar just popped out of it's holder.. I only weigh 152 lbs, so it's not the weight, it's the force of your back applied on that bar that bends it out of the holder.. here's the thread, answer of how to fix it resides on post #28:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21536

thanks for the link

I just walked out to my car and fixed the broken seat as per Xenonk's instructions. The only thing that he was wrong about was the time it took to complete (I think 2 mins is a little over estimated). Thanks again for making your findings so clear and easy for the rest of us to follow it makes me remember why I started coming to this site in the first place.

I just walked out to my car and fixed the broken seat as per Xenonk's instructions. The only thing that he was wrong about was the time it took to complete (I think 2 mins is a little over estimated). Thanks again for making your findings so clear and easy for the rest of us to follow it makes me remember why I started coming to this site in the first place.

Im slow :( I was looking around inside the seat to find out how the rest of the seats work.. I didnt want to break anything either, so I took a while of prying those silly clips.

Keefe

Archived