LegacyGT.com

This is how you detail a car...

Carnauba wax set harder than concrete? Rubbish. I can't believe the wank factor in applying it by hand...yes, rubbing it in with your skin!

Oh - and he uses a normal sponge, not a wool wash mitt to wash the car. Some simple errors there, methinks :(

My hell.... how many times is this going to get reposted???

I'm not even going to post on how ridiculous most of what that guy was saying. I think that most of you here know the difference by now.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

hmm rubbing it in with your skin?? What abour oils and dead skin on your hands, not talking about RNAses that are always present on your skin that can easily stop so called "enzyme" from working.

Believe it or not, that is how the high end Zymol waxes have to be applied. The carnauba content is higher than average wax and it needs the heat of your hands to warm it up enough to be applied. It still won't dry hard as a rock though. I've got a chunk of Zymol Vintage and it isn't that great. I'll put it this way... I don't use it on my own cars.

OCDETAILS BLOG

i'm gonna be honest, the prices he was throwing out sounded a bit farfetched, but we are talking about england here. i am there at least 2x a year and most things are very $$$. he might not be chatting complete shit. you can't say his work isn't amazing. if the owners of the cars he details can afford to drop 200k+ quid on a car, i doubt spending another 2-3k on an amazing detail job every once in a while won't break the bank. i would certainly use a guy like that if i have the $$

He is also detailing brand new cars and not daily drivers. Show me work that he has done on a thrashed hunting truck or an Expedition after a two week family vacation. Those are jobs I wish I could charge $2000 for.... Detailing a brand new Ferrari with 200 miles on it really isn't that hard.

OCDETAILS BLOG

I don't know how many million places on the web that video has been posted, but I'm sure it will be reposted here 3 or 4 more times before people realize that it has already been seen.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived