LegacyGT.com

New & need quick direction with popped vacuum line

I know this has been posted somewhere but i need quick assistance! The infamous "blue t" popped a vacuum line.

The problems are these:

1) The short line is completely off and down in the engine bay

2) I have no idea where the other end opposite of the blue t connects (standing on the passenger side, the end of the T that is facing the front of the car is where the line popped off)

3) Not in a position to remove the TMIC...150 miles from home...NO TOOLS handy!

Is this fixable WITHOUT removing the TMIC?

Thanks Guys!

• Moderators

Do you have really small hands? That short hose goes from the 'T' to the intake manifold. If it popped off at the manifold it would be a damned miracle to get it back on without removing the TMIC. If it popped off at the 'T' and you have small hands / double jointed wrists / elbows / fingers, you might be able to get to it but I seriously doubt it.

All you should need is a 10, 12, and 14mm socket and a large slotted screwdriver to remove the TMIC, if that.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Not exactly what i wanted to hear! Thanks though. I assume it'll need to come completly off? Also, if this has to be done i may as well replace the T. Is there a specific size i should get? (obviously barbed)

• Moderators
Not exactly what i wanted to hear! Thanks though. I assume it'll need to come completly off? Also, if this has to be done i may as well replace the T. Is there a specific size i should get? (obviously barbed)

Sorry, but I speak the truth. Yes, it will need to come off completely.

Don't replace the T, all you need is some run-of-the-mill zip ties. Reinstall the vacuum line and zip tie them in place.

Where are you located?

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Live in Ohio...in KY at the moment!

Should i plan on putting a zip tie at both ends of the vacuum line?

I may need to drive it about 30 miles before i can fix it. Will i have any issues (other than rough idle) as a result of the missing line? AND..if i can not retrieve the missing line, do you happen to know the size?

I appreciate your guidance here!

I can't offer a lot of help, but I'll throw out what I can.

The images attached are for a 2005, I'm not sure if it's the same for a 2006.

I've read about people getting a cel and having a misfire on all 4 cylinders when they drive with a vacuum line popped off.

tmic.jpg.7a9941ba960f9f31d46ad89447b22203.jpg

tmic2.thumb.jpg.255b3c664ac3ca5358ac165f3a1cbbf7.jpg

Do not over tighten the bolts holding the tmic on the turbo. You will strip the threads out.

Use your head and just tighten them. They are not lug nut's so just snug them up. If it leaks a little you'll hear it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I had the connection that goes under the IM come off on the way home last night on my 05. Totally impossible to see without a mirror.

Very rough idle, sprayed carb cleaner and got a spike by the turbo connection to the inlet. I was spraying from the passenger side so the fumes were making it to the midpoint of the manifold.

I was disappointed when I saw the T connected after pulling off the intercooler as I was sure there was a leak there. Decided to tug on the lines going to the T and the centerpoint was clear off. Got it back on by feel. This weekend I will pre position a ziptie around that line then slide it under the IM and tighten it.

No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

Archived