LegacyGT.com

STi uppipe install

rkhousman

Alright bought a STi uppipe and it was delivered today. Now to get it installed! I am sure I will be able to install myself using one of the walk thrus. However Also I think I need to replace the gaskets and I need the resistor as well if I am not mistaken. Where would I be able to pick them up locally? A bonus for me would be someone willing to give me a hand that has done this before. I do have a small cramped garage but it serves it purpose!

Rob

• I Donated Too
I wish I was closer to help you. Radioshack should have the resistor or just turn off the code in the ECU, if you have a cable/tactrix. Get the gaskets just to be safe before you start or you'll be cursing if you have a leak.

I have an extra set set of gaskets on hand ($40 for all three OEM), or North End Subaru can get them for you. I also have some extra resistors laying around. :)

Manifold/Uppipe Gasket - 44022AA170

Uppipe/Turbo Gasket - 44022AA150

Turbo/Downpipe Gasket - 44022AA180

The Grimmspeed versions are less expensive, but I don't have any on hand.

Thnx Sigma not a problem not afraid to do this job on my own just sometimes its better to have an extra set of hands that has a bit more knowledge than I do.

Underdog I will have to find a free day when it isn't snowing this week and come on out and pick those up! I refuse to go to North End unless an emergency as they were a bunch of dicks when I went there to buy a OCV.

Really? I'm sorry to hear that. John & Rich usually take good care of me when I need a part quickly, although they are no match for Ryan at Fred Beans when it comes to knowledge, accuracy, and service. I have wholesale accounts with both so I get the best of both worlds. :)

Of course, come stop by my garage when it is convenient. Just give me a heads-up please. Here's hoping that this fresh blanket of snow is gone by the end of the week. I was outside grilling in a tee-shirt yesterday! :lol:

I'd offer to give a hand, but I'm not sure when I would have free time to do so.

Here's a tip though, jack up on the passenger side of the motor to get some extra room to get the uppipe out. I found there was enough play in the super soft OEM motor mounts without needing to unbolt it from the subframe.

I don't know who I dealt with over there but it was the second time I had a negative experience with them! the first was with the sales floor when I was looking to buy a car and trade my truck. Told me what I could and couldn't afford without knowing a damn thing about my finacial situation. Almost want to come get them today since I am not working but don't think I do so without the wife complaining that I am needlessly going out! I enjoy driving the LGT in the snow and it is the perfect excuse to do so if you ask me!

Thnx NRW I am unsure when I am even gonna have time I am hoping this coming weekend I will have a chance!

Plan on getting this done tomorrow morning! Also a good time to check the shaft play on the turbo! Had compression and leak down done by Motive back on Nov 1st. The #'s according to my invoice were: Cyl #1, 2, & 4:<2% Loss- 118-122psi; Cyl #3 <5% - 118-122psi. Hoping that I find no shaft play on the turbo! Then next will be to get a Stg1 tune done once I put a little money aside!

• Moderators
IMO, an up pipe install (especially your first time) isn't a "sneak out for a couple of hours" type of thing...I'm about to do it for the second time around and I'd still give myself a good half a day for the job. I also plan to get a few other things done while I'm in the area though.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Gonna check condition of turbo and if needed order a new one! Gotta make sure I build a good case before I try and sell the wife on replacing it. Car has 152k with original turbo afaik. Checked shaft play from exhaust side and there is very slight up and down movement so now I want to fully check it.

Archived