LegacyGT.com

• 1 month later...
  • I Donated

Since a few people have given you bogus info, I'll chime in with my thoughts. I'm ASE certified so I do know what I'm talking about.

Like it was said prior your rear brakes have both drum and disk. Your e-brake is a drum system, and your normal brakes are disk.

To PROPERLY adjust your e-brake, you have to remove your caliper, pads, machine bracket, and rotor on each rear wheel. Once you have that done, you will see a drum brake setup right behind the hub (where the lugnuts are).

If you look on the bottom of it, there will be a cylinder going between each of the two shoes. In the middle of the cylinder is a ribbed disk. Use a flat head screwdriver and spin the ribbed disk. This will adjust the shoes in and out. Turn it a little bit, then put the rotor back on. If it still spins easily, remove the rotor and repeat. Once you get some resistance, that side is adjusted right. Move onto the other side and do the same thing.

This is how you PROPERLY adjust your e-brake.

The cable method works for a stretched out e-brake cable, but 99% of the time this is not the problem.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived