LegacyGT.com

anyone ever used ac delco brakes?

deer3

so im looking at replacing my rotors and pads and ive been talking to my mechanic about ebc and dba rotors and he has been saying their great on performance but dont last. so he is recommending me ac delco brakes coz they apparently last and perform

anyone ever used them?

Are you kidding me?!?! AC delco is the cheapo no-name brand that oem people order!

There is NOT EVEN A COMPARISON between the dba rotors and ebc pads!

If you look at the thickness of the rotors, it'll probably be half (maybe exaggerating a little) .. but they are just cheapo replacements most shops get from the suppliers.

well im daily driving but my car isnt exactly stock....i told my mechanic i didnt want to cheap out..that i wanted something with performance that would last and thats what he came up with...i almost laughed when he said ac delco....

so he is recommending me ac delco brakes coz they apparently last and perform

There will always be a trade-off...tires, engine, brakes, etc. You cannot have your pie and eat it too. As Dr. Ferdinand Porsche once said, the perfect race car is the one that breaks down after crossing the finish line.

In your case, I wonder how much cheaper those ac delco brands are compared to this community's trusted brake pad brands like Hawk?

Archived