LegacyGT.com

Autospeed....alive?

bgray

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was just gona post this same thread. I sent them a email two weeks ago asking as to when the second gen was coming around and I guess they just blew me off:confused: I hope that they didnt go under. I was really set on getting their turbo-back without the fitment issues

I ordered the Autospeed CBE while in MachV the other day due to the deep discount and limited supply... since Autospeed is done, per Dan. He also said the Borla is more "tinny" and you can't beat the $650 price. I'll probably go back in this week and have it installed once I get the call.

Ok, I spoke to Autospeed the other day and they are not supporting Subaru anymore. Their main business is Audi.

Kelly

P.S. I have an Autospeed TBE for two years now, the only concern that I have is, if you run an aftermarket rear swaybar then it will hit the exhaust. Autospeed made the exhaust for stock only.

the cobb sound clip doesn't do it justice. the cobb is deeper than the autospeed. 2 guys have the autospeed in my local club and i have the cobb. mine is much deeper. you can't beat the price of the autospeed, however you're limited with suspension set-ups do to the fitment issues of the autospeed

pffft... i've got a autospeed cbe AND a cobb sway bar, and it all works fine. i have yet to have it clunk against the bar. and it it did, i would "clearance" the pipe with BMF hammer if i had to.
never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills at the same time as a laxative.

^^^^^ Thanks. Glad to hear. I just received my Autospeed cbe ... but have not yet installed. Still waiting on gaskets and exhaust hangers. Next mod will likely be front and rear sways but was concerned with previous comments about clearance issues.

just make sure you use the relocators that should come with the cbe. what sway bars are you thinking of getting? I'm asking because when i did mine, it was a pita to get the relocators off due to the countersunk allen bolts being rusty. i had to take them off so i could get the cobb mount stiffeners on first, then the relocators. you might consider trying to do both at the same time to eliminate any hassles like i had.
never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills at the same time as a laxative.

OK. Thanks for the info.

I don't have my heart set on any specific sways ... just thinking that will be my next mod. Will make sure to use relocators with the cbe. Thanks for the advice. Hoping I'll be OK with removal with the car only being a year old.

pffft... i've got a autospeed cbe AND a cobb sway bar, and it all works fine. i have yet to have it clunk against the bar. and it it did, i would "clearance" the pipe with BMF hammer if i had to.

the fitment issues come into play when you lower the car.

i was curious to see what happens when i lower my car, i just haven't made up my mind on whether i well go with just springs, of if i want to save up for coil overs. like i said though, i well just make room with a hammer if it bangs against the pipe. right now i have a good 3/4 to 1 inch of clearance, so hopefully it wont get too close! i actually didn't have a problem with one of the tips centering, my problem was with the passenger side tip sticking out further than the drivers side. i ended up taking a die grinder with a cut off disk and chopping off about 1/2 to 3/4 of a inch off the y pipe. it's pretty even now.

OK, I had the Autospeed CBE installed on the 08 LGT today at MachV... There were some issues with fit and I am concerned about clearance once lowered. I may have just had the choice made for me between the 3/4 pinks and 1"/1.5" swifts... I believe they also cut some of the piping off to make the tips stick out the right distance. The mid and y pipes are BIG (and the entire system is polished, niiiice) with not much room for clearance with that stock noodle they call a sway bar. I figure that some modification will need to be made in order to fit even the near-stock cusco rear sways with a 3/4 - 1" drop, nevermind anything that utilizes a design shape varying from stock.

BTW, the exhaust sounds great. sweet burble between shifts, not much high pitch amplification, mostly just low rumble that provides a background which amplifies the turbo sounds. Set off some alarms in my parking garage :cool: After a two hour night drive, I can tell you there is considerable noise inside the cabin, resonating in the trunk. Everything goes silent with the clutch in, sux for autos around cops!

The small cans are seamless and fully polished and look very nice. Supposedly there are only 1-2 units left at Autospeed, if you're comfortable with interior noise (that some good sound insulator will resolve regardless), I highly suggest you move on the clearance price.

Collector's item? :rolleyes:

Archived