LegacyGT.com

Anyone Here Regret Buying Lgt?

I am getting close to closing the deal on a 08 legacy GT. I have researched honestly for about a year now. I have had several real close purchases to include infiniti G35, Mazdaspeed6 mustang gt ,Grand Cherokee srt-8 even thought about waiting for the Pontiac G-8 to be released. After looking at pros and cons of all I have decided the legacy GT gives me a little of everything I'm looking for.

After my last push of research though I'm wondering about reliability of the car. I plan on going at least stage 2 with mods so if something was to go wrong my warranty might not cover it and it would be out of pocket expense.

Well, what do you guys think? If you had it to do over again would you still pick the legacy as your platform?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had waranty work coverd on the trans with UP/DP STG 2.

I wanted a sport sedan but hated FWD and couldn't deal with a RWD car all year long. Once I drove it i fell in love:).

Still loving it!

Denial is your best friend

I had the same dilemma. Considered G35, G35X, Maxima, Altima SER, TL but was so impressed with the LGT. Great stock performance, classy and not too in your face, lots of mods available, AWD .... I could go on and on.

Can't comment too much on reliability as I've only had for about 16,000 km or 10,000 miles ...

You can't go wrong with the LGT.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Being on this site over two years, I haven't seen too many negative stage 2 issues at all... except blown connectors/ end tanks on the top mount intercoolers, but that's to be expected and should be eventually upgraded if you are going to run big boost.

There have been the odd members here with lemon situations (faulty turbo's, etc) but I can count stories like that on less than one hand. And we have 15K+ members now.

Sure there's the odd clutch problem here and there, and lots of us have some rattles that have either been fixed, or we learned to put up with, but we have to find minor things to bitch about as that's essentually all that happens with these cars.

Mechanically these cars (along with most of the Subaru brand) are very reliable.

I had a05 LGT mt for a year. The wife was getting tired of the shifting and I raised the idea of trading for a auto. Then we stopped and I asked her, "do you like the car enough to buy it again?" We got a 05 auto. Like others have said, for the money nothing comes close to the total package the LGT is. A large part of our liking it is living in Colorado. If you live anywhere besides the Southern states, it is a no brainer. And yes, I like other cars and this is my first Subi. So I am no life long Subi die hard. The LGT is a great car.

By the way, I really miss dumping the clutch around 3K in third gear. God third gear was fun in the MT!

is that i don't drive it every day! coincidentally, took delivery 2 years ago this evening, 6-6-05.

my trusty ol' altima still had/has lots of life in her, so it became the daily beater. mostly, i drive the lgt on road trips. absolutely thrilled with my sube.

i'm way out of my depth . . .

the only regret is not paying more off on my trade. with the roll over no down payment and only financing for 4 years made my payment 770. but i only have that and insruance and my apt to pay so its all good. payed off in 2 more years

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

I've had my 05 LGT for over a year now...and I still love it. It was the AWD and price...that put it ahead of the others for me. I still look at the Maxima & TL for more room and comfort...but the price is higher and still no AWD! So, I'm happy.
KevinH

Thanks guys for the reasurance. I feel confident that I will love the car I just had the new car jitters because I plan on keeping this car for a very long time. I am going through IMBA to get my 2% under invoice. I will keep you all updated on how the tranaction goes.

I bought my '05 used and it was a nice upgrade from my '98 A4. Regrets? None whatsoever. Great all around car - commuter, corner carver, mountain road warrior, fun on the freeway, etc etc etc. Now if I were making 400 awhp it'd be just that much better... :)

No regrets so far with my 05 LGT 5MT wagon. In fact, I'm glad I jumped on the 5MT LGT wagon the first year, because no manual LGT wagon was available in 06 or 07 and the LGT wagon was discontinued entirely for 08. That makes my car relatively unique. :)

I have a 05 RBP LGT Wagon 5EAT. 35K miles now. I have replaced the headlights and turned the rotors twice under warranty. It has the following mods : StoneGard, 18% Tint, Crucial UP, Cobb Catted DP, Cobb F/R Sways, Cobb Sport Springs, TDC Stage 2 tuning. No problems with it whatsoever other than there's intermittent rattle from the self-dimming mirror and the left console trim. 4 more months of payment. I have no regrets with the car. I enjoy the car everyday I drive it. Possible future mods are 18" rims/tires and exhaust.

I have enough drama for now.....

Are you kidding i love my car! this is the first car that i bought with a following that is incrediable. modding the car is fun and there are so many parts avaliable it is mind boggling.

This thread is retarted, if you did not like the car you would not be here!

I wish I would have gotten the wagon, but we already had an Outback wagon. I don't like having to make sure something I am buying will fit in the car or having to come back later with my wife's car.

I bought a leftover '05 in '06 at about $6000 off sticker...hard to beat that kind of deal.

Every car is a compromise of some sort, but I can't think of anything else I would rather have...at this price point.

It is still ugly.

I like the OP did a lot of research for a long time. I didn't feel like waiting any longer for what might come out, and then when that's out, wait for something else, I pulled the trigger on the best thing I could get and liked and it happened to be a good car, also an '08 LGT.

I love my 05 GT. When I got mine nothing for the same price offered the performance/mileage/reliability/comfort/all-weather ability, nothing even came close.

+1

If I was to buy it today, probably would have gone towards the new BMW 335i....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

No regrets so far with my 05 LGT 5MT wagon. In fact, I'm glad I jumped on the 5MT LGT wagon the first year, because no manual LGT wagon was available in 06 or 07 and the LGT wagon was discontinued entirely for 08. That makes my car relatively unique. :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Me too!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Love my LGT and sold an E36 M3/4 Lux to buy an 06 LGT 5MT. Understeers a bit more but the AWD and reliability are a great plus, and the car is a lot safer in the event I get rammed by a cellphone using Navigator Mom like almost happened to me two weeks ago. Flavio, I looked at the 335i and it only comes with runflats (a no-buy for me) and it doesn't even come with a limited-slip differential.

In fact you can't even order a LSD as an option. :eek:

The choice between one-wheel drive and AWD was an easy one to make, plus the LGT is almost $20K cheaper with the ADM in the Seattle area.

Archived