LegacyGT.com

Why are these new breaks squeaking?!

Blue Shark

I purchased new slotted rotors, and pads, and replaced all the wheel studs on the side that was squeaking, I used the Noise Grease, brake cleaner, adjusted them twice, AND THEY WON'T STOP SQUEAKING.

They will squeak on light braking. When rolling and driving down the road the squeak gets faster and faster when the speed increases. It's only coming from the front right, it's not my struts or springs, what could be happening?! Anyone I've talked to has no idea whats causing it and it's driving me nuts while driving. I did replace the metal brake pad holders, but i've adjusted them so they shouldn't be touching, it's only at a certain rotation time also, the faster i go the faster the little squeak gets but when I slow down it squeaks less. I've tried spinning the wheel when it's up in the air but it won't squeak then.

Stoptech Slotted rotors and Super Street Performance pads I think is what they were?

I've been searching for awhile, thanks for the link though JJr!

Make sure you put them in the right place! The rear brake pads actually are different inside vs outside, but it's very easy to not notice that and put both insides on one corner, and both outsides on the other corner. If you do this, they will drag/squeal (ask me how I know). It's a very facepalm moment when you realize what you've done.

I'm thinking this might be actually what is causing the squeak, man taking apart these calipers is getting old lol.

Are they squealing when you're NOT on the brakes? From the OP, it sounds like it. If so, you've got a sticky brake piston that isn't fully retracting. Good luck.

When rolling and driving down the road the squeak gets faster and faster when the speed increases.

Archived