LegacyGT.com

legacy 5MT to Spec B driveline swap

legacy3076

I have a 2005 legacy gt and i am in the process of installing a tial 3076 with 1100cc injectors running E-85. I would like to have a good tranny to go with all the other goodness im adding. has anyone done a 6mt swap and if so what tranny did you use (STI or Spec B and the year) and was there any suprises in the drive line department. now i would like DCCD but not sure if i really want to spend more. Also, did you use use the STI rear or spec b. now i know that the two trannies are diffrent in the ratios but i need the final to be as close as posibble. i have been asking around for close to a year and even shops havnt heard of this being done so if you have PLEASE help. I know this sounds stupid to ask if someone has but i can not find anyone who has.

unclemat just did it on his car w/ a SpecB trans, axles, shifter, driveshaft, rear diff, rear axles..i helped a little bit with the job. It's not a bad job at all but very involved as you can imagine. May as well pull your motor out to make it super duper easy.

A trans jack is your best friend :)

unclemat just did it on his car w/ a SpecB trans, axles, shifter, driveshaft, rear diff, rear axles..i helped a little bit with the job. It's not a bad job at all but very involved as you can imagine. May as well pull your motor out to make it super duper easy.

A trans jack is your best friend :)

Where did you find a spec b drive line. i have benn searching junk yard and local subaru refurbishing shops.

Archived