LegacyGT.com

Need opinions on a replacement vehicle

Hello all.

Long story short, my wagon was hit by a driver that ran a red light and i need some opinions on a replacement vehicle.

I really love my wagon and how it looks. Plus, I really want to stay with Subaru because of how safe and reliable they have all been to us.

My preferred choices are in no particular order:

- wrx

- spec B.

- find another wagon with a manual transmission and put a built engine in it.

Please feel free to chime in. All opinions are welcome in this thread. If anybody has any kind of advice but wants to send it privately, please feel free to send a PM.

Personally i would go with the spec B. Something about the sleeper look but the 6 speed and the bilstein suspension just gets to me. However i do LOVE a fast wagon, so im torn between the two on my opinion for you. I would not go with the WRX, they are everyewhere, the Spec B. and the Wagon are more unique

I included the wrx because of the engine similarity for the 2008 models and it has a manual transmission.

My wagon was stage 2 protuned and only made 235/270 since it has a 5eat. It wasn't particularly fast but it'll consistently do 0-60 in the low 5's which is quite respectable.

would you consider a 5th gen GT? they have the 6 speed and all that jazz like the spec B. harder to find though. I just feel like the WRX is rather common where I live, however the LGT is rather rare, ive only seen 5

There's also the 2004-07 Forrester XT. I believe from 2008 on they are auto only. The latest FXT is the next best wagon replacement since we probably aren't getting the Levorg.
Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

That's true. But i really don't want to have two foresters in my garage :)

Is there a way to repair the front chassis horns for 4th generation LGT's? I'm getting 50/50 responses from repair shops around my area. Some of them tell me its not repairable and some of them tell me that it is.

A coworker of mine had a full head on collision with a truck and her whole front end looked like a compressed accordion. Her car was a BMW 3 series and they were able to fully repair her car. She also fought for it since her insurance insisted that the vehicle was a complete loss. I know its a completely different vehicle, is it possible to do with our LGT's?

^^^^^^^^^

Anything is possible with enough money, but I doubt it is economically feasible to do it perfect.

would you consider a 5th gen GT? they have the 6 speed and all that jazz like the spec B. harder to find though. I just feel like the WRX is rather common where I live, however the LGT is rather rare, ive only seen 5

No, they have A 6-speed. It is the same 6-speed as in the WRX, which is based on subaru's 5-speed. You can expect all the durability and easy shifting of a subaru 5-speed (very little).

The spec-Bs transmission is essentially the STI transmission without the DCCD. more durable and much more pleasant.

Get an xv crosstrek and a 2015 sti, swap everything, sell the now xv sti haha. Seriously though lgt wagon or bust. As for the repair, is it truly the frame horn? Or is it just core support stuff. I've seen core supports repaired with very cleanly results and fairly little effort.

Archived