LegacyGT.com

thinkin of selling my 06 spec b. Need help deciding.

I was thinking of selling my 06 spec b. Actually i was going to trade it for an acura tl. Ive had so many problems with this car since i got it last year, ive already put about 5 grand into it and im jus wondering if i should cut my losses and sell or stick it out and see what happens. Any help would be nice.

I agree with 51. Bought an 05 OBXT with 103k miles, put in $2000 over the next 2k miles, bailed and sold it... and then the turbo blew on the guy as he drove it home (which I covered cuz I'm nice). Some of these things are just lemon-y, time to cut your losses.

Feels good to be driving a car where I don't look down 10 times per trip to see if the check engine light is back on...

What have you had to do to the car so far? 5k in repairs? Do you rip around town all the time or just drive normally?

30000k fogs, maybe an Acura is more your thing.

rebuilt tranny coast me 3 grand, 600 for a new clutch, replaced both o2 sensors, new tires were 600. And i drive normal, havent even put 10000 miles on the car.

If you remember, about a month ago or so, that was me driving with you with the yellow foglights on Rte. 9 towards Ossining. Same silver bullet!!:lol:

It would be a shame to see it go away, but Tillers are badass! My LGT replaced a Tiller and I had to think long and hard about getting another, but ultimately, I bought the LGT. Best of luck to you though.

Did you buy the car new and are you going to be buying a brand new TL? The transmission...yeah that sucks. The clutch.....that is a wear item......tires wear item. O2......wear item. It sounds to me like standard maintenance depending on miles. But if you bough it used with low miles, that is the breaks of buying used and getting a car that you have no idea what was done to it.

Sell it because a turbo car might not be the right fit for you.

[

loved my legacy gt 05. it was around 100k when it need valve adjustments, and the bearing was going out. i just wanted the security of a warranty and a newer car since i had the leg for 7 years.

i went a bought a new 11 wrx limited. i miss the legacy but for me the new car is awesome and not a headache.

Like someone else said, most of what you have replaced is/are wear items. Honestly, unless you don't ever want to do anything to the car, then I would drive it till the turbo goes and upgrade. You have pretty much replaced the main things you will have to replace on a regular basis for a while. If you were dropping sensors or ecus, or something else out of the ordinary, then I would dump it. But it sounds like you are too focused on the dollar amount than the actual items that you replaced. You've already swapped the trans, so that shouldn't be an issue anytime in the near future. Turbos are relatively cheap, and these cars are easy to work on, so I would just save yourself the labor and do it yourself. I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water just yet.

Like someone else said, most of what you have replaced is/are wear items. Honestly, unless you don't ever want to do anything to the car, then I would drive it till the turbo goes and upgrade. You have pretty much replaced the main things you will have to replace on a regular basis for a while. If you were dropping sensors or ecus, or something else out of the ordinary, then I would dump it. But it sounds like you are too focused on the dollar amount than the actual items that you replaced. You've already swapped the trans, so that shouldn't be an issue anytime in the near future. Turbos are relatively cheap, and these cars are easy to work on, so I would just save yourself the labor and do it yourself. I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water just yet.

i hear u, thats also y im not rushing into selling it. If someone gives me 18 for it then ill let it go.

This comment isn't specific to the choice of a TL, just on whether or not to get something newer and hopefully more reliable.

My first thought was no, you already fixed a bunch of things, it should be reliable for a while longer now. But I know that feeling of not being able to trust a car to get you home. It SUCKS.

I've never owned an unreliable car, but I've rented some (before I was old enough to rent from the major rental companies), and I've seen friends and acquaintances deal with unreliable cars.

Yeah, financially it makes more sense to keep your LGT and repair it as needed. E.g. you mentioned worrying about the turbo going - a new (used) turbo is cheap. BUT, there's also the time and mental stress of worrying about what's going to break next, and then dealing with getting it fixed, and getting around while the car is out of commission.

So I say sell the LGT and get something you trust to stay out of the shop. Were I you, I might even consider another LGT. Most of them are pretty dependable :)

If you remember, about a month ago or so, that was me driving with you with the yellow foglights on Rte. 9 towards Ossining. Same silver bullet!!:lol:

It would be a shame to see it go away, but Tillers are badass! My LGT replaced a Tiller and I had to think long and hard about getting another, but ultimately, I bought the LGT. Best of luck to you though.

Now I remember, u got the white lgt? ....right?

On second thought, I agree with 1454 in your case. Aside from the tranny those are all wear items. Especially the tires and clutch. So I say keep the car, and stop stressing out so much. :)

When a car gets old enough almost everything becomes a wear item. At that point you have to decide which is worth more, your time, or the money to fix it. But a 2006 isn't there yet, unless it has crazy miles.

Now if you had one of those infamous VW/Audi's where random part after random part keeps going bad, and electrical gremlins show up all over the place, then I'd still say dump it. But as 1454 said, your Spec B doesn't sound like one of those cars.

Btw the combination of needed a tranny rebuild and a new clutch makes me wonder about your driving habits. Do you do a lot of launches? Or anything else that's particularly hard on the tranny? If so consider going a bit easier on it.

no matt, not at all, i dont do launches or drive hard at all, the guy who had it before me beat on it. thats why i had to rebuild the tranny. I love the car, its the nicest car i ever had.

another thing i was gonna ask is whats the chance that the turbo will blow? an is there anything i can do to prevent this??

Al, keep the car a little longer. I think you should be fine without anything else going wrong.

You just need to trust the car. How many miles you have on her right now?

Also, was that you other night near Millwood?

Archived