LegacyGT.com

Really slow rear wiper

My rear wiper on my wagon has been just fine until two days ago.

I went to use it and it was moving at a snails pace. There was no snow, or anything on the window, except some small film of dust.

Is this a sign of the motor going on it's way out? :confused:

sounds like it. mine has a mind of it's own. it stops where it wants to. I've not done anything about it yet.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

sounds like it. mine has a mind of it's own. it stops where it wants to. I've not done anything about it yet.

Yours is a broken wire. find a body shop that fix the broken wire inside the rubber boot on the right side of the hatch where the wires go into the roof of the car.

Very common problem with the wagons. While they are there have them check the other side too for broken wires.

It's much cheaper then having the dealer repair it.

OP you may want to do the same thing, or at least pull the boot back and look inside.

Afterwords, make sure they seal the seam, where boot meets body with sealant, it will leak in heavy rains.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yours is a broken wire. find a body shop that fix the broken wire inside the rubber boot on the right side of the hatch where the wires go into the roof of the car.

Very common problem with the wagons. While they are there have them check the other side too for broken wires.

It's much cheaper then having the dealer repair it.

OP you may want to do the same thing, or at least pull the boot back and look inside.

Afterwords, make sure they seal the seam, where boot meets body with sealant, it will leak in heavy rains.

Can you elaborate further? I'm having a really hard time picturing where all this is!

Open the rear hatch, look up by the hinges you'll see the black rubber boots the wires go thru.

Your problem might be what Frank is talking about. He knows his stuff with these cars.

Your motor should be inside the plastic panel on the rear hatch. Again find a good repair shop or may be a body shop might be able to fix it too. They would have to work in that area if the car was in accident.

I happen to have a buddy that owns a body shop so I took mine there. I did ask at the parts counter at the dealship, he told me they order the harness and it's like a $500 job.

My buddy fixed 5 or 6 broken wires there and charge me $125.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I'm sure it's the bushing is sized.

The broken wire would make it not work

But while your in checking the motor check the harness at the same time

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

If you have broken wires, up inside the headliner...I just didn't want to screw with it.

Sometimes it's better to just pay the man.

If your good with electrical, go ahead and do it.

I do agree with Frank, your's is most likely the bushing.

A bad wire can give what c-lo was talking about.

Wagons are noted for wiring issues back there.

Archived