LegacyGT.com

08 OBXT front brakes upgrade to Legacy GT brakes.

Hi,

Since I have to replace my brake rotors and pads, I thought I mind as well upgrade the front ones to the bigger legacy GT calipers and rotors. There has been a few members who has successfully done the brake swap but their Outbacks at from 2005-06 without the VDC.

I'm ready to swap over but I just don't know if this will negatively affect my car with the VDC.

Has anyone with VDC done a bigger brake brake upgrade? Any thoughts advice, or input is greatly appreciated!:)

You are welcome! Think about putting a LGT suspension in there too, it makes the car much more fun and less scary to drive. I also installed a set of Rallitek swaybars. Car drives great now.

Good to know. I wanted to do the Brembo upgrade, but it sounds like the LGT brakes front and back would be a better value for daily driving. Plus more wheel options :)

I'm assuming you did the rears too with the ventalated disc?

• 2 weeks later...
Still to this day its been my favorite upgrade
Me three!

So I need lgt calipers pads and rotors? Sounds expensive to do all 4
Define expensive.

And while you're at it define expensive in terms of the critical system that brings you and your passengers to a stop.

Pet peeve of mine, NEVER NEVER NEVER cite costs when talking brakes or tires.....

What I did was I went to NAPA and purchased caliper that were remfd and came with the mounting hardware. Then I purchased rotors from them, their ultra premium line and put premium ceramic pads. The rear rotor are now vented, the hats are painted black and they are about an inch larger than the old ones. The cost was not bad about $900 for all four calipers, pads and rotors and fluid.

The most important thing, the car stops better which is great.

Nelson

do i need the LGT brackets?

i found someone selling lgt calipers, dba rotors and hps pads with very low miles. wanna make sure im not forgetting something.

and will my existing obxt SS lines reach the lgt calipers?

do i need the LGT brackets?

i found someone selling lgt calipers, dba rotors and hps pads with very low miles. wanna make sure im not forgetting something.

and will my existing obxt SS lines reach the lgt calipers?

No brackets, they will bolt right up.

thanks. any idea about the ss lines?

is this a direct swap for a non-XT, too?
From what I read in the past yes HOWEVER you will need 17" rims as the LGT stuff won't fit on 16" and smaller hoops.

Same brake setup for i and XT, while perplexing the above notation about larger wheel size is a plausible reason. Many OB owners swap rims/tires by season and don't want the added cost.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived