LegacyGT.com

A Few Quirks Here and There!

Sure, I like my Legacy Wagon, but it does have a few design flaws that I wonder about. Mostly minor, but still. I expected better from a company with good such a good reputation.

1) The shiny square-shaped 1/4 inch border on the console around the shifter reflects the sun right into my eyes. Anyone figure out a way to put some black material or non-reflective covering there?

2) Why does the Auto setting on the AC sometimes automatically go from recirculating air to outside air and vice versa? It doesn't make sense to let hot outside air come in, especially if you're trying to maintain a specified inside air temperature.

3) The 2.5i (non-turbo) is sure gutless. I mean I didn't buy it for performance or else I would have bought the GT. But it is hard to pass other cars at times, and hills...forget it!

4) Either the transmission or the AWD system can be a bit jerky at times. Not so much to decrease the driving experience, but I've never driven a vehicle that feels this way. Is this common with other AWD systems?

5) The factory roof rack rails have a taper towards the rear of the vehicle. When installing roof racks, this makes it difficult to put the load bars fully back for a good bar spread. I would think it should be an even, parallel distance all the way back, not tapered. Did they have a specific purpose in mind for that taper?

6) Between the driver seat and the console is a cord covered in blue tape. I'm thinking its the power supply for the seat. Couldn't they have put it under the carpeting? Or is my car the only one that has this showing? It's seen right by the parking brake handle, coming out from under the center console.

I still love this car, though. Especially when I fill up at the gas station. Shoot, with the rear seats down, I was even able to sleep in it fully spread out (I'm only 5'6") while car camping the other weekend. I'll appreciate it more on my first snow ride up the Sierras too.

This car is very jerky, imo. I love my car, but it is difficult to drive smoothly. I have no idea why it is like this, but you do get used to it (somewhat). Clutch, transmission, crappy driver? Who knows? But it is definitely different than any other manual I have ever driven.

The blue tape is the line to the subwoofer under the driver's seat. I think this is the old install method, and there is a newer, less noticable way to do it. My car has it, but its never really bothered me.

Archived