LegacyGT.com

Custom-made Sport Grill: S402 Replica Walkthrough ('05-'07 Legacy)

nospmoht04

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

not sure if this link will work without being a member.

its from the forester forum when i had my forester i did a similar mod. like someone mentioned here, you can grab a mesh grill from ebay or any audio shop. paid $25 for the mesh and fabricated an awesome grill. link has instruction for all you DIY.

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f80/mesh-grill-hella-combo-finally-done-22763/

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice man that looks good. I think the placement of the insert is right on. The whole idea is the S402 flush look and it looks like you've got it. Now comes the hard part though :lol: Good luck, it's not a fast process.

Brings back memories! I'd like to make some more at some point once I have a good place to do it.

Well I've been a little bored lately and with the nice weather and being able to work outside I'm gonna start making another one of these S402 style grilles. SBT it's yours if you're still interested. Edited by nospmoht04

Got it all sanded and had my father shoot it with some black today! I love the way it came out now i just need to get an emblem and it will be on!

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r6/ehhockeystar44/LegacyGT/218E3331-A345-436C-921C-8A92120E631E_zps0nauaqaf.jpg

And yes this took me a lot longer than i thought but totally worth it. I wasn't working on it all the time which is what took me forever. Thanks again for the walk through.

Good job man, glad I could help ya out. Looks great. I was able to find emblems when I was looking for them for about $44 I think. I was just looking through my favorites but I'm not exactly sure off hand where I bought them. Just to give you a baseline anyways so you don't spend much more than that. Also make sure it's an '08-'14 emblem.

Good job man, glad I could help ya out. Looks great. I was able to find emblems when I was looking for them for about $44 I think. I was just looking through my favorites but I'm not exactly sure off hand where I bought them. Just to give you a baseline anyways so you don't spend much more than that. Also make sure it's an '08-'14 emblem.

Alright thanks a lot