LegacyGT.com

exhaust sound

socrates42

Guest *Jedimaster*
There's a few sound clips rolling around on here somewhere. It still sounds like a boxer to me. But it's ultra quiet until you step down on it. I'm planning on making a video clip of my car soon, so that'll include the engine sound.

OK has anyone removed their mufflers completely and just run a straight pipe? I have done it on a 2.2 turbo car and the exhaust wasn't that loud. The cat and turbo act as a sound deadener. How many cats does the GT have? Are the mufflers attached to the exhaust pipe with a flange that can be unbolted easily?

[quote name='eatV8']The unequal lenth headers are what makes the boxer rumble. Unfortunatley Subaru are looking at more and more equal lenth headers on their cars.[/quote] The reason they are doing it is for many reasons, mostly that they can get a little more performance out with exhaust gas scavenging and it can ever so slightly help increase mileage too with the engine working a hair less as hard. All the little things count and add up at the end of the day. It's not a bad thing, just finding the right engineering to make it perform well and sound good isn't an easy thing.

Archived