LegacyGT.com

THE ULTIMATE floor jack?

I read a bunch of threads here and elsewhere already, didn't find what I'm looking for though.

I want a floor jack that can slide under my 5.5" high LGT to reach either the front center jack point, or the rear diff (where my catback Y hangs low to again about 5.5").

The catch: I don't want to use wooden 2x6 planks to start it a few inches higher, and I don't want to spend major $$$ (many other projects are more deserving of the money).

And: I want it to get up close to 20 inches!

What did you guys choose?

My best two finds so far are these:

Weak and only gets the car up 14.75" for $99 but is low enough!

Many great options on this site, but all the Low-Pros cost several hundreds!

I would like to keep it around $150, $200 shipped tops. TIA!

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was actually looking up on these a few days ago, since my craftsman just died on me. A couple searches led me to the Arcan Quick Lift Service Jack. It has 3 1/2in height clearance and can lift above 21in. Its pretty pricey if you can't find them locally. Hope this helps you.

I don't remember where I got it, but I got a <<Omega 29023 - Service Jack 2 Ton Low Profile Extended Reach >> two years ago for $225 - $250 with truck freight. I'm lowered on Swifts and stock struts and it'll reach right into the jacking point by the front diff. I'm happy with it.

You need to increase your budget, or forsake your antipathy for wood.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

I don't remember where I got it, but I got a <<Omega 29023 - Service Jack 2 Ton Low Profile Extended Reach >> two years ago for $225 - $250 with truck freight. I'm lowered on Swifts and stock struts and it'll reach right into the jacking point by the front diff. I'm happy with it.

Here's a pdf link to that jack, has the size dimensions, etc. 42" long, that jack has some reach!

http://www.shinnfuamerica.com/Temp/1154.PDF

Looks like only 1 year warranty, although parts can be ordered.

I like it! That is very tempting, I might have to pull the trigger. Going to hope something comparable pops up cheaper first though.

Links to who sells it

$278.39 + $100 shipping There are better deals

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

u need that EZ car lift that Rao and Bosco has.

http://www.ezcarlift.com/

$2145 buys a lot of improvements elsewhere. When the business starts doing something for me, the plan is a bigger house with hydraulic lift in the garage. But until then, floor jack lol

You need to increase your budget, or forsake your antipathy for wood.

It would appear as such. I have a Torin Black Jack (Walmart) $95 jack in the box right now. Goes close to 20" high, 3 ton, but the rear of the chassis is like 7" high. Was hoping to return it, but maybe not. Might have to go buy some wood. Will decide soon.

I was actually looking up on these a few days ago, since my craftsman just died on me. A couple searches led me to the Arcan Quick Lift Service Jack. It has 3 1/2in height clearance and can lift above 21in. Its pretty pricey if you can't find them locally. Hope this helps you.

$149 + $66 shipping

Did you happen to come across the length of the chassis? Could be a winner if it's long enough.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200221974_200221974

Might be a good balance for you. Seems like the castors might be a bit weak.

Sadly, I've been using a $20 pep-boys 1.5 ton steel jack for like 4 years and while it absolutely sucks for reach and strength, it's also never failed me, broken, or anything else. A couple of sturdy jack stands have helped too.

But really man, this is your life you are talking about. Get something that makes you feel good about and that will last.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_375706_375706

I've heard very good things about this brand, but have never used it. I think that's a more serious jack right there.

Here's the Arcan mentioned earlier: http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200345429_200345429

If you can deal with a heavy jack, that's pretty nice.

^^^ haha we're very much on the same page. I too have a $20 jack currently. Works like a charm, but takes 20 minutes to get the front up, and then it's so tight I can barely move.

This is the dream

I think Unclemat had one like it; I wasn't paying attention. But it was definitely the way to go, the ultimate jack. I doubt there's a cheap version of it though :(

Here's the Arcan mentioned earlier: http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200345429_200345429

If you can deal with a heavy jack, that's pretty nice.

I called them to get the length of the chassis. It's definitely too short to reach the center of the subframe. It's only like 14" or so of low length.

The aC Hydraulic is the best low profile jack ever. Good luck finding one though..they came up on ebay in dec 08 for $900 shipped.

The Omega jack is crap...saw one last week at a buds shop...I was bummed with it as was he.

I went w/ the Ranger jack....it's nice but requires another jack to lift the car up a bit in order to get the Ranger underneath.

The Ranger RFJ2TX I have has a lift height of 30"+ which will be nice for trans swaps.

Link to Ranger Jack on ASE Deals

I went w/ the Ranger jack....it's nice but requires another jack to lift the car up a bit in order to get the Ranger underneath.

The Ranger RFJ2TX I have has a lift height of 30"+ which will be nice for trans swaps.

You know I value your opinion, enough that the ranger is definitely on the table. That is a lot to spend, but again and again it looks like I can either go cheap and possibly regret it, or just go big and really enjoy it. Recently I've been under the car enough to justify buying a creeper, so I did.

EDIT: LOL I just need to go buy some wood for it is all... but 30", that would be so nice! I wouldn't have to take my car to the trans shop down the road (where I am yet to see a Japanese car other than one civic, go Texas).

My creeper is now my spare trans cart. :)

Don't discount a high lift height...makes all the difference in the world. :)

Then you need jack stands...the Esco 3 ton stands are awesome (and pricey) too.

I used this guy, but then had it replaced by warranty and paid the difference for a slightly larger one. The one I have now isn't listed on their site for some reason though. Mine is a 3.. or 3.5 ton.. But its aluminum and its blue in colour. Lifetime warranty.

http://www.princessauto.com/shop-garage/repair-equipment/lifting-devices/8003252-2-1/2-ton-aluminum/steel-floor-jack?keyword=floor+jack

The aC Hydraulic is the best low profile jack ever. Good luck finding one though..they came up on ebay in dec 08 for $900 shipped.

The Omega jack is crap...saw one last week at a buds shop...I was bummed with it as was he.

+1 on the AC Hydraulic jacks (and their stands too). I think the Omega was just a Chinese rip-off of the AC design. I'd rather spend the cash and buy a good jack once than cheap ones that leak and get thrown away several times.

I am able to reach this height with that jack and some jack stands:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2499/3721601090_2afe0e8111_o.jpg

It's the magic floating car, thanks to the hover mod. Adds 14awhp and makes it so you only need rear jack stands. Warning: Not advisable in high winds.

Archived