LegacyGT.com

How long are you planning keeping your car?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daily driver until I either need to haul multiple kids around or the little things start going every few months which gets annoying. Would then become a weekend racer.

Anything major goes along the way, will be rebuilt/replaced with stronger bits.

Been over four years already, seems to be settling in to be a good daily driver for at least another four years.

Why Saab when you can Saabaru?

I had a 05 9-2x Aero 5-speed bought new for 18,600.....what the hell was I thinking selling that?

I digress.

This is my wife's car. It's a fantastic car. We'll keep it until she tires of it, most likely due to breaking from me tinkering with it :)

I imagine she'll get 150k miles on it honestly. Once I get her to Stage 2, with some more suspension/braking/steering upgrades, we'll be golden.

Joe

For as long as possible. I am sick of trading in my car every couple years. I bought this car because it's reliable, practical (with the AWD) and peppy (243hp is more than enough for me).

I am not married, but I know once I will I'll need a 4 door car for a family. This car should suit my needs for that. Also it's very safe.

<sigh>

I don't know.

On average, I keep a vehicle 1.5 years.

I find myself in need of a wagon once in a while, enough to offset my love for this sedan.

I'm at 25,500 now. Bought the car Jan 21 with 5 miles.

Warranty is covered till 80k.

63 month finance, 2k paid ahead with tax returns.

I will likely keep it to 100k @ 3.5 or 4 years, just before it's paid off.

However - the more this car is broken in, the more comfortable, predictable and fun it is to drive. I do love it.

If I leave the north east, it's possible I'd sell just because resale would be higher here than California, and I'd save the money in shipping. That said, I'm at 2yrs and 8k miles and the car is trouble/rattle free and tuned just how I like it suspension/power-wise; so a strong argument can be made to just keep it for the long haul, even though AWD wouldn't be of much use in CA.

I suppose the main concern I have is the hassle of swapping off the TMIC and DP every year for CA's inspection, assuming they check that diligently.

Not really looking to get into another car payment right now or anytime soon. Car is already paid off. I have 95K on a stage 3 LGT...Runs great and pretty damn quick...I think when I hit 200K, I'll throw in a new short block and clutch.
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Archived