LegacyGT.com

Summer tire virgin

scoobydoobie

Have only ever run UHPAS tires, but am thinking about getting some 18x8s for the warmer months. Wanted to get some opinions on summer tires. I will likely run 235/40/18s. I need something with great dry traction and performance as well as great wet traction and hydroplane resistance since we tend to get a lot of rain here in the summer.

Thanks guys.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dunlop Direzza Z2's, or a leftover set of Z1's.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I've run two sets of 235//40/18 DWs and they have handled like beasts. My buddy went with 225/45/18 of the same tire and it was a dog. The sidewalks were sloppy and it never gave him that ride that he was looking for. We swapped over my wheels and tires, and it transformed his car. Difference of night and day in my opinion. :)
2010 2.5GT limited is for sale. :)

Michelin SuperSport are wicked nice tires. I'm on my second set. Even thou rated for summer weather, they were working just fine at 38 degrees on the way to the track Saturday morning. Drive to the track, drive all day, drive home. Doesnt get much better than that. Wet roads they were really well, too.

I always liked the Kumho Ecsta SPT. I did a couple autoxes on them back in the day. It was a nice daily driving summer tire. It can handle the turns, but is still very comfortable to drive on.

At $116 in a 225/40/18, it's very budget friendly. 235/40/18 are $145ea which is still pretty cheap.

Archived