LegacyGT.com

Odd braking

I have been noticing that the more I have been driving my 97 Legwagon, 1/2 of the time when I start the car the brake pedal will be almost completely unresponsive. It will not begin braking until the pedal is basically pressed against the firewall. Or, will become responsive after being pumped 3 or 4 times, and only for a short period afterwards. The other 1/2 of the time, the brakes are perfectly tight, and responsive.

My car has ABS, is this normal for ABS?

Side note, two days ago I had one rotor and both sets of pads up front replaced.

• I Donated

You should keep rotors done in pairs. Not keeping them close to the same thickness will screw with your brake bias side to side.

You probably have air in the lines. Try bleeding your brakes. As well, check to make sure brake fluid isn't leaking anywhere

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

You can buy a "one man bleeder". I usually just gravity bleed the brakes if I'm alone. Just pop open the bleeders and take the cap off the brake fluid resivoir. Let the fluid drain out for 10 or 15 minutes, keeping an eye on the fluid in the resivoir to make sure it stays full (top off as needed). Then close all the bleeders and check your brake pedal.

http://www.wikihow.com/Bleed-Car-Brakes

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived