LegacyGT.com

Not a Legacy thread...but would love your perspective

Not sure where to post this...so I am posting it here.

The Air Bag Light on my wife's 2004 Forrester went off the other day. We brought the car to Fitzgerald Auto Mall in Gaithersburg, Maryland to check it out.

Bottom line? The connector is corroded...on a 3 year old car...with less than 50,000 miles. And it's going to cost me $420 to fix!!! :mad:

Josh in service told my wife, "I've never seen this before on a car with so little mileage." 15 minutes later Josh told me, "This happens all the time. I've seen it on a car with just 4,000 miles."

This is ludicrous. We just had to get a new clutch on this same car about 8,000 miles ago. My wife is the primary driver, and has always driven standard transmission cars, so riding the clutch is not an issue. I am extremely frustrated by this lack of quality (and the potential disception of Josh the service guy).

So I am calling SOA. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks. I appreciate any and all input.

Code was 41.

The connector to the "PSAB Rec." according to the fax I asked them to send me.

Thanks.

And sorry to all if this is in the wrong forum. I had no idea where to put this. I may be a donator with 160 posts...but I am really no more than a noob. ;)

call them and ask exactly what they are doin to repair the car. psab rec means nothing to me. air bag repar is easy. either you are replace in an airbag or you are repairing faulty wireing. buy the parts yourself and do the repair yourself.

Resolved. SOA Customer Care came through. They actually were a leasure to deal with.

Thanks for your thoughts whitetiger. I appreciate it.

my wifes 03 is doing the same thing sometimes it's on sometimes it's not the dealer said to bring it in and they would repair it. they also said it's a known issue and if i remember correctly it is the side bag causing this and it does not affect the bag deploying. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Glad SOA came through. On a high-profile safety issue, with so few years, and your red carpet treatment, tells me they might be aware of the issue.

I wonder if your car was ever under water? Like in a hurricane?

Nope. Never had any water damage. I'm in the Maryland suburbs of DC, and we rarely see much effect of hurricanes. In fact, we've taken really good care of the car. It's garage kept, and never really driven too harshly.

But yeah...I was thinking the same thing in regards to this potentially being an issue SOA was aware of.

Archived