LegacyGT.com

perrin reinforcement bracket help

Woodstock

I just Installed Perrin RSB 22mm. It worked out pretty well; however, the Reinforcement bracket is a PITA!! Do you really have to torque the 19mm bolt that holds the reinforce bracket to 129LBS per instructions? Can you go higher than that?

At first, when we took the 19mm bolt to place the reinforcement bracket supplied, the black bar with the differential dropped. We jacked it up because it was heavy to lift back and bolt it up. We bolted it up, however there was a little gap on the left side between the car and the black bar, compared to the right side. I tried to torque it to 129lbs per instruction, but we couldn't do it.

its was a pain.... I drove it today, big improvement over stock RSB. But I am worried that the differential will drop....:eek:

:mad::mad:

well used an air drill/compressor, but there is still a gap. Then we used a Torque bar, it would just snap, gap remains. Did the same thing with a breaker bar. Then we air drilled/compressor the heck out of it. guess what? the @#$% gap won't close. The compressor that we used was not that great though.

I didn't check what it looked like before we took it down.

i didn orque mine. torque wrench wouldnt fit in there. tighted as much i could with socket. no worried about it. just go back and check on it later to make sure it didnt loosen.

I will check it when I rotate the tires at 15k. 9k at the odo.

• 2 months later...
I think by using jack stands, when you pulled the subframe bolt out, it allowed the crossmember to drop enough to be cockeyed. I think you're talking about the gap between the car body and crossmember piece right? If so, you might want to roll it up on ramps, loosen both sides a tiny bit to allow the cross member to level and then use an impact gun to tighten each side, pulling the crossmember back up level. Just my .02

Archived