LegacyGT.com

another gear oil?+s or enos or neo

I just rolled on 30k with my 05 LGT wagon auto stage 2 protuned. And I'm looking into replacing my fluids. I can decided which gear oil to go with, the high grade oem +s stuff, enos (claims it meets abd excededs suby standards) and the hamann recomended neo oils (geared twords racing). I daily drive my car and don't get heavy footed that often.

I'm also looking into doing a drain and fill for my trans. Can I mix lubes? Right now I have the standard suby stuff. But was considering switching to the enos or the neo tranny oils.

Stage 2, and "I daily drive my car and don't get heavy footed that often".

Yea, right, :)

There has been a lot of threads about this. Just use a what the owners manual say's to use for 75-90 or something like that.

Keep a note book with the date and mileage and what you did. That's all the dealer should need to show you had the major routine maintenance done. That worked for me.

I'm not big into paying big dollars for oils.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Crap thing is I gotta order the suby brand oils anyway no matter what here in Hilo hawaii so I'm paying for shipping no matter which I go with. I'm just trying to see since its time to change whether is worth the up grade or not.

As for they heavy footed, we have this famous windy beaten down road here in Hilo called saddle road. 50 miles of crappy old narrow roads, first time I actually got the suby to near limits in turns and maxed out my stock suspension. Hella fun!

I have used different oils in the rearend and don't have any issues at 102,700+ miles. I change it every 30,000 miles. Go to Target, or WalMart and buy the 75-90 stuff. There's even a post here about how good Walmarts brand oil is. I think I used there Syn stuff last time. Can't remember, the left over bottle is setting on the floor in the shed.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived