LegacyGT.com

Performance alignment thread

mass-hole

I just had an alignment done on my '08 with Epic springs/Koni inserts. Max he could get was -0.8* front camber, zeroed out toe on all 4 corners, and rear camber was static at -0.9*RL and -1.2* RR. I could tell a difference as when it went in front camber was ~-0.4* and the toe on the left side was definitely out. This is with all stock hardware. YMMV.

-Steve

Related thread jack:

I just installed the Whiteline rear camber kit and have them eyeballed pretty close to each other right now but need to get them actually aligned. Should a chain shop like Sears or Meineke be able to figure out how to adjust the rear, or is it worth the extra $100 for the local performance shop to do it?

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

Related thread jack:

I just installed the Whiteline rear camber kit and have them eyeballed pretty close to each other right now but need to get them actually aligned. Should a chain shop like Sears or Meineke be able to figure out how to adjust the rear, or is it worth the extra $100 for the local performance shop to do it?

No way in hell will an average alignment shop be able to figure that out. They can't even figure out a stock car most of the time. Needs to be a performance alignment shop that knows Subarus. Which is ridiculous because it's really not that hard.

As far as numbers go, -1.5 to -2 is a good range for the front, -1 or slightly more is a good place to be in the rear.

Getting that much front camber needs some extra work like bolts or slotting the lower struts. Definitely worth it though to get a little more front camber.

So if one were to change struts on the front, would an alignment really be needed? The only thing that should change is camber. If one were to max out the stock hardware, would that be sufficient or would an alignment be recommended, just to check things out??

Maxed the front out to -1.5 the rear to -1.0 with the whiteline kit and achieved 7.3-4 degrees of caster and zero toe front and slight every so slight toe out in the rear.

Car has great turn in and rotation out of the turn.

Makes no sense to mess with stock alignment unless you are tracking the car. If you are tracking the car, adjust camber to the specs suggested by the tire manufacturer -this will mean mega negative camber (-2 to -3). To get this, you probably need coilovers and adjustable control arms in the rear.

IIRC a vendor on here posted these when I was looking. you are going to need a front/rear camber bolts

camber

front -2.0

rear -1.5

toe 0

camber wear wont be very noticeable until the last 30% of tread life, and with the -2 deg camber there was not much camber wear.

some say run -1.5 front and -1 rear camber and 0 toe

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Related thread jack:

Which kit? Found 2

Tc Davis

Maxed the front out to -1.5 the rear to -1.0 with the whiteline kit and achieved 7.3-4 degrees of caster and zero toe front and slight every so slight toe out in the rear.

Car has great turn in and rotation out of the turn.

That's similar to my alignment specs and really happy with the car's handling.

I'm at:

Camber -1.5F/-1.1R

Toe 0F/0R

Caster 6.4 (that was maxed out with my car's setup and the WALK)

Archived