LegacyGT.com

GT vs. i dampers

iamrazor

Does the GT and i share the same dampers? I would think they'd be different, but since I can't find the info myslef, thought I'd ask here...

side note:

a vendor is claiming BL/BP struts + sprigs will work on BE/BH because they share the same multi-link rear design. Anyone have some photos of their stock suspension they pulled from their BL/BP?

No rules broken. But, depending on who told you that, I could tell you whether they know what they are talking about.

I am 99.9% positive the parts are not interchangable.

it was PDX talking about the GPMoto coilovers.

I'm thinking if the coilovers are interchangealbe, then the stock stuff is too, though i still have my doubts...

Hey, I hope their right. I'd love it!

quotes from another forum from pdxtuning:

These are for the BL/BP cars but they have the exact same suspension design of the BE/BH cars so they will fit those model years also.

I just installed some lowering springs on a GT a few days ago and the whole rear suspension is the same, the front looks the same as well. Now, that is not a 100% confirmation, however they look the same and another reliable source told me they are the same as well.

yea the multi link rear is identical, the weight on the BE is a bit heavier, maybe 200lbs, so 50lbs a corner.

I will take some measurements, basically i think the real thing i need to check is the top hat measurements and bolt spacing otherwise its the same, but i will check some other things also when I have one in my hand.

Well, Jarrod knows his motors. I would get with Paul at AVO to be sure ('apexjapan').....they are much more experienced with the BE/BH since they came with turbo's in Japan (so the aftermarket is MUCH bigger).

As for the GT vs. 'i' suspension, I know the sway bars are different. I think the shocks and struts are as well, but am no 100% positive.

I would believe it! I have a neighbor with a BE/BH, and I was looking at it's suspension setup, and they are strikingly similar!

Perhaps, they are not identical, but I think a lot of the parts will be interchangeable! Besides, isn't that Subaru's MO, there cars are built with as many common parts as possible?

You are talking about a 2005 i vs 2005 GT suspension, right?

I think they are the same (the inside is different, as there are different part numbers for the i and GT) but extenrally they are the saem, same top hats, same mounting points. I am no suspension expert so get some real verification before you have them shipped.

Well, if the question boils down to 'will the GP Moto coilovers for the GT work on the i?', then I would say yes. Maybe the question got lost in the side note?

well I was thinking that the i and GT have the same geometry, just maybe the GT got struts with different damping or springs that were a bit stiffer / lower.

The question of BE and BH suspensions being equal was kind of a side issue. maybe that should've gone in another thread. I hearby apologize....

Archived