LegacyGT.com

AVO 20mm rear sway bar

JohnyB22

im buying this AVO 20mm RSB this weekend and was curious on how many people have done a sway bar install themselves? is it something that can be done with a floor jack, jack stands and tools from the garage? or is it easier/less frustrating to have it done else where?

I didn't do the AVO RSB, but did it with the Cusco RSB, I did the install myself. It isn't hard at all. All you need is jack stands/tools. If you remove the mufflers from the hangers it will make it easier to get the RSB out.

i did the JDM 20mm install this weekend, super-simple the hardest part for me was working the old bar out from under the car. I have an OBXT and i just jacked it up a few inches, you could use a ramps as well. if you are jacking you might try taking off one of the wheels, it would have made it a little easier for me. definitely take off the muffler hangers it will give you more room.

thanks for the info...its music to my ears to know its easy and dont have to go to someone else :icon_bigg ....any advice from those of you who have installed the FSB...like on getting the old one out and the new one in

i did the JDM 20mm install this weekend, super-simple the hardest part for me was working the old bar out from under the car. I have an OBXT and i just jacked it up a few inches, you could use a ramps as well. if you are jacking you might try taking off one of the wheels, it would have made it a little easier for me. definitely take off the muffler hangers it will give you more room.
no jack stands?:confused:

Denial is your best friend

Archived