LegacyGT.com

Lesson Learned: Dont park in dark lots

I met my brother tonight to give him our Kindel for his Mexico trip. We met half way and I decided our meeting spot would be a old Ford dealership. It was a huge parking lot with NO LIGHTS. My brother was in my car and we were talking when out of the corner of his eye he spotted a guy sneaking up to my car. He was dressed as most thugs are with a huge over coat and a hood over his head. He started yelling something and came right up to my driver side door. By the time I knew what was going on my brother has his gun upholstered and once the guy saw this he decided we were not what he was looking for.

I have to thank the latest issue of motor trend. They had an article on how to best position your mirrors to maximize view of your blind spots. This is how my brother spotted the guy ( through my driver side mirror).

My heart was pumping and I am sure glad he was able to spot him in time. I dont know exactly what the guys intentions were but to sneak up to a car in a large non lite parking lot....I am sure he wasn't up to much good.

Next time I will be sure to avoid dark areas, especially in rough areas...Probably should consider carrying more often...

my brother has his gun upholstered...

Nice, never seen an upholstered gun before; did he go with fabric, leather, or perhaps a nice Spec B Alacantara..? :lol:

Sorry to make light of your experience, but I couldn't help chuckling when I read that. Way back in high school I once was sitting in my Chevy Citation outside a McDonald's, minding my own business eating a Big Mac when a car parks next to me and the passenger rolls down his window and points a gun at me. :eek: 15 seconds later they drove off. :iam:

Scary sh!t.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Carrying more is good but avoiding those situations altogether is better.

I totally agree. In a world where a burglar can sue for cutting themselves on a knife in a home they broke into, or a bum suing a driver for hitting him as he stumbled out into traffic drunk (happened to one of my dads insureds.. and yes the insurance company paid). Can you imagine if you shot and killed someone and the courts found you guilty of excessive force? Its run first, shoot if your about to be shot.

Before I even considered carrying I went to a class on all this kind of crap. Its a huge responsibility to carry, especially in a state ran by democrats. :lol: (funny but true). Then there is the burden of taking a life you will have to live with.... Something I sure hope I never have to deal with....

I am usually smarter than that but I figured the lot lights would be on...(even though no one leased the lot)

Love many....trust few huh?

Yeah..they are talking about banning all semi autos here in Washington due to the 2 ambush attacks on police officers we had.

They were complete slaughters on the officers and I am sure many of you heard about them. Only problem is banning certain guns only keeps them from law biding citizens. Criminals don't care about laws.

I just sold one of my cars today and tomorrow I am headed to pick up a XD 9mm. Between WA Governor and Obama, it wont be long until all I can buy is a cap gun so I better jump the gun (no pun intended).

Archived