LegacyGT.com

Taillights: Spray Tint or Film

Magnetdropout

i have the film...yes I will admit they are a bit pricey...

but the easiness of install plus the possibility of being able to remove later (either for aesthetic or legal reasons) make them a far better choice in my book.

Whereas doing it yourself with spray, you may be able to achieve a desired look rather than the WYSIWYG of the film.

But its your car...do what you want to!

Definitly film....the spray doesnt look glossy and attractive, I have full smoke film on my DGM and it looks amazing, my friend sprayed his car and it doesnt reflect and looks cheapo...plus... you can remove film...I mean do you really want to buy a new pair of taillights?

Definitly film....the spray doesnt look glossy and attractive, I have full smoke film on my DGM and it looks amazing, my friend sprayed his car and it doesnt reflect and looks cheapo...plus... you can remove film...I mean do you really want to buy a new pair of taillights?

people assume all the time and ask if I sprayed them....they cant believe it when I say its just film...I have to bring them right up to it and show them the edges.

yea. i think ill go with the film. spray seems a bit messy and if the job isn't done right it'll look like crap and you'd need new ones. good point ahabodav. lol. film does look more glossy. where would i find the tint film for the taillights? i've found some on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04-05-06-SUBARU-LEGACY-Smoked-tail-light-film-kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38661QQihZ020QQitemZ300096219525QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

just my two cents. id check some traffic laws in your state first. because i know in NY if you have tinted tail lights, and are rear ended, the person that hits YOU can take legal action against YOU. they can say "I didn't see his break lights". I know, because it happened to me in my old car, thankfully it was a friend. The officer told us both that though.

Fox, i love how ur legacy is so crisp looking. the tint does look nice, ill admit. I went all red tail lights on my OB.

I am at a loss as to why anyone would want to lessen the chance of a car behind you seeing your brake lights. I hope all of you get rear-ended. I want to slap people silly who have burned out brake and tail lights (and tinting and covers are almost as bad). I'm just an old geezer...don't pay any attention to me.
It is still ugly.

. I hope all of you get rear-ended.

I gotta yell at you again man. WTF? That's just mean, nasty, harsh, & uncalled for.

I had the film over my tails on my sedan. It barely reduced the visibility of the tails at all.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Fox, i love how ur legacy is so crisp looking. the tint does look nice, ill admit. I went all red tail lights on my OB.

thanks for the compliment Ruphfus...

and as coxx says the tint barely reduces the light output of the tails.

Some people seem to forget the 3rd brake light....

any films for wagons?:confused::confused:

:)

just these http://www.grafxwerks.com/products/detail.php?pid=LEGT1-1240

I put the "red-outs" on my tails. I like the way they look. I don't want my wagon tails black. The surface of the wagon tails aint smooth anyhow so full-overlays would prob not work.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

just these http://www.grafxwerks.com/products/detail.php?pid=LEGT1-1240

I put the "red-outs" on my tails. I like the way they look. I don't want my wagon tails black. The surface of the wagon tails aint smooth anyhow so full-overlays would prob not work.

Cool. thanks for the link. I think I might red them out too, I did it to my '95 wagon back in the day with just some leftover spray paint....:rolleyes:

I gotta yell at you again man. WTF? That's just mean, nasty, harsh, & uncalled for.

I had the film over my tails on my sedan. It barely reduced the visibility of the tails at all.

Yeah Coxx, go ahead and yell...my bad. I can be a prick sometimes. I have been read-ended before...a Sunday morning and no effin traffic...some people could rear end an ambulance running at code 3. My point was (and again my apologies to the rest of the people in this thread) I have a hard time with anything that reduces the level of communication out on the roads...tail tint, burned out bulbs, window tint on the front side windows (I hate not being able to make eye contact in some situations or tell if the person in the car has even looked my way), headlight covers (the tinted plastic ones that are not approved for on road use-they also end up covering the turn signals on a lot of cars), taillight "covers" (with a cutout of the vehicle logo-think bow tie on Chevy and ram head on Dodge pickups) and talking on cell phones. I want to see you and know what you are doing and I want you to see me and know what I am doing. I have seen many cars with tinted tails where it is very hard to see the brake lights in certain conditions...think daytime, with the sun shining on the back of said car. Any amount of lesser intensity is going to have some impact in getting the attention of other drivers. Hell, I even think it is utterly stupid the way car manufacturers place the front turn signal in the same housing as the headlamp (I know it is less expensive) because you have a dim light next to an extremely bright one. I realize everyone wants to do stuff to their rides to differentiate them from all of the other ones that are out there, but come on, don't compromise our ability to notice when you have stood on the brakes and every millisecond of reaction time from the driver behind you counts. Rant off.

It is still ugly.

watch- I'm going to get rear=ended with the tints on my tail lights and the police will come back and say its my fauly becasue i have tinted tails that reduce the lights effectiveness and it'll be my fault =(

fair enough Pillboy. Just gotta check yourself sometimes. Bad karma & all that.

Archived