LegacyGT.com

Suspension choices

Hi, i have a 2010 2.5i and looking to upgrade the suspension of this car. I read the official suspension thred and came with these options

-stock 2013-14 suspension (theyre firmer and less bouncy)

-stock 2013 strut with eibach pro kit

-kyb with eibach prokit

-kyb with 2013 springs (user Sarang said he liked this setup)

Im leaning towards comofrt since its my dd but i also need corner and lane change confidence. The 2010 suspension creates too much body lean that its hard to do a precise corner turn. Itd be nice to have the car a bit lower to cover the wheel gap. Thats why i pref the eibach (1" drop without comfort compromise). I also in the futrue might go w 17" or 18" wheels. Right now i have 16". Or i just might go 225/55r16

Id like to hear your thought if you have experienced any of these combo compared to thread. Thanks!

Best DD suspension upgrades in this order (my opinion):

2015 WRX 20mm RSB +rallitek HD endlinks

Swift Springs + Bilstein Dampers by GTWORX

Whiteline Roll Center Kit + AVO positive castor PU LCA bushing

Perrin Steering Dampener Lockdown (not suspension, but improves driving feedback)

Whiteline or SPC rear adjustable camber arms.

Whatever size wheel/tires you go with, make sure overall diameter is close to oem size. For function, the ideal tire width total should be 1" wider than the width of the wheel.

Good luck!

Best DD suspension upgrades in this order (my opinion):

2015 WRX 20mm RSB +rallitek HD endlinks

Swift Springs + Bilstein Dampers by GTWORX

Whiteline Roll Center Kit + AVO positive castor PU LCA bushing

Perrin Steering Dampener Lockdown (not suspension, but improves driving feedback)

Whiteline or SPC rear adjustable camber arms.

Whatever size wheel/tires you go with, make sure overall diameter is close to oem size. For function, the ideal tire width total should be 1" wider than the width of the wheel.

Good luck!

I had the 20mm rsb installed and the drive improved greatly. No more tailend wag and more stable on free way.

Lane changing at 65mph is still unesthusiastic due to the soft susp. The car acts as if its a bigger and taller car.

I recently rode in a '15 imprrza and the suspension is much firmer than mine. Ridd is not harsh but firm. Ill definitely switch to stock '13 susp when money is not a problem.

Thanks for the input!

Just to be clear, when you guys talk about 2015 WRX for the 20mm RSB, do you mean VA chassis code?

Specifically the OEM 2015 STi RSB, which is 20mm, Yes VA code. Click on my 2009 Forester XT build in my sig below and a few posts down you will see the part numbers for the RSB and OEM bushings. A few pages into the thread you'll see that I swapped out the OEM bushings for hard Whiteline bushings ($25.00 IIRC)

The WRX is 20mm as well, part numbers for that bar and the required bushings are in the first post of the "what did you buy" thread. I know it's cheaper than the previous-gen 19mm STI bar, not sure how it stacks up against the current-gen version.

You guys are awesome, thanks!

Sent from my ZUK Z1 using Tapatalk

http://subaruonlineparts.com/subaru-legacy-rear-20mm-sway-p-4226.html

They came as a set. I installed and it is night and day in terms of cornerning and free-way confidence. You'll need a 14mm wrench, 5mm hex key and 12mm socket, and a ramp or jack. 30 mins for life-time zoom zoom.

Now getting the '13-'14 suspension swap will make the car a feistier beast (even with the base engine)

I heard that the fsb swap will not produce as much noticeable difference as the rear. You think it's still worth it to swap?

Your car doesn't have the weight the 6 cylinder engine has, but for $100 its still a really inexpensive upgrade that will be noticeable. If you drove a 2013/2014 2.5i you would feel a more nimble and less soggy suspension in general.

Your car doesn't have the weight the 6 cylinder engine has, but for $100 its still a really inexpensive upgrade that will be noticeable. If you drove a 2013/2014 2.5i you would feel a more nimble and less soggy suspension in general.

Thanks. I'll upgrade when $$$$ is not too bad. Haha:spin:

Hi, i have a 2010 2.5i and looking to upgrade the suspension of this car. I read the official suspension thred and came with these options

-kyb with eibach prokit

Im leaning towards comofrt since its my dd but i also need corner and lane change confidence. The 2010 suspension creates too much body lean that its hard to do a precise corner turn. Itd be nice to have the car a bit lower to cover the wheel gap. Thats why i pref the eibach (1" drop without comfort compromise). I also in the futrue might go w 17" or 18" wheels. Right now i have 16". Or i just might go 225/55r16

Id like to hear your thought if you have experienced any of these combo compared to thread. Thanks!

We have a 2011 2.5i and I just install the KYBs with stock springs. So much better that I won't be bothering with 2013 springs.

It's such a vast improvement for a DD, that I honestly don't see the need for the 2013 springs.

The FSB is straight forward on the 3.6R (only need one tie-rod removed to install) but I know for the 2.5GT that the engine needs to be lifted to install, due to the bends in the bar. Not sure if it's the same for the 2.5i, so double check that before purchasing the front bar.

We have a 2011 2.5i and I just install the KYBs with stock springs. So much better that I won't be bothering with 2013 springs.

It's such a vast improvement for a DD, that I honestly don't see the need for the 2013 springs.

I installed the kyb on my previous mitsu gallant and stock spring. The ride was much firmer and corner was great but bouncier at the same time. I could feel every bumps on the road and the car bounce on those bumps as if the struts could not dampen or reduce the springs bounciness. Over all, harsh and rough ride.

Do you have any of those issues? The car is very planted and smooth over bumps?

-kyb with eibach prokit

Just checked on Subaru website for parts and apparently they have complete strut front left and right for $118/each (heuberger Subaru)

https://parts.bestbuysubaru.com/p/Subaru_2013_Legacy36L-5AT-4WDR-Premium-Sedan/STRUT-COMPLETE-FRONT-LEFT/49229369/20310AJ07A.html

20310AJ07A

20310AJ06A

For OEM, that's pretty sweet. Now if they have a complete set for the rear...

I installed the kyb on my previous mitsu gallant and stock spring. The ride was much firmer and corner was great but bouncier at the same time. I could feel every bumps on the road and the car bounce on those bumps as if the struts could not dampen or reduce the springs bounciness. Over all, harsh and rough ride.

Do you have any of those issues? The car is very planted and smooth over bumps?

Mine (2013 springs w/ new kyb struts) is nicely planted on turns and not bouncy at all.

I think that it is hard to compare different cars even with same branded parts.

Mine (2013 springs w/ new kyb struts) is nicely planted on turns and not bouncy at all.

I think that it is hard to compare different cars even with same branded parts.

Since they have the whole strut assembled from factory, I'll just get that for cheap. If i assemble kyb+2013 spring, it'll come out more expensive.

Archived