LegacyGT.com

Moving to Nor Cal

Sponge

Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself in this section...I am moving from Chicago to the San Fran area once I sell my house here...

Got a promotion to HQ in Redwood City/Shores hope to find a place close but GEEZ are places expensive nearly 2x+ over Chicago...

Hope to move before the end of the year but the way the housing market is now we shall see...

Cya around!

hehe. yes welcome to the bay.

if you feel like checking up on the local subaru community here in the bay.....

go to http://www.i-club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15 as they have the most active threads regarding the bay area section. or just make a post and many of us here would answer ur questions.

welcome to the bay and hope to c u around.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

It is actually very easy to buy a house right now compared to the last 8 years...you don't get super outbidded, and there is no lottery going on. Before, the house get sold less than a week on the market. Now there are houses on the market for a month and still not sold. If you can get over the sticker shock, AND can swing the finance, you are in pretty good shape.

Due to loan market, there are more people out there renting. Because of that, rental market is high. So one way or the other you will pay....sucks to be here in bay area. Try to look for houses in San Jose and just suck up the commute I guess. Peninsula area is priceier than San Jose. In any case, you can't get a home for less than half a mil anywhere you look...in fact, my neighborhood townhome behind Ebay sold for 620k.

^yup that's what we are finding...there is an abundance of townhouses in San Jose area. The commute will suck to Redwood City but like you said we can get a lot more for the money in SJ area...I just can't have a commute over an hour I would lose my mind and spending 2 hours a day in my car after moving my family across the country my wife would kill me.

Sounds like your neighborhood is the pricing we are looking for...the catch is 3 bed is required and they are hard to come by on the pennisula.

well...look at it this way, my commute is 12 miles one-way, and it takes anywhere between 18mins to 1 hour...so distance isn't really a factor, more like which route you have to drive through. If the company is in redwood city (like Oracle, EA games, etc), you will have to be on HWY101 and that traffic suckass regardless how close or far you have to drive....unless you live sooooo close that you can just take surface street. But really...going thru street lights in 30mins can only get you so far....so your commute radius isn't really that negotiable.

If you are lucky, the company is close enough to the train station, and you can just take the train in from SJ or anywhere alone its service area. You won't save time, but you won't be driving either. http://www.caltrain.org/

Come on in the pool is warm! Take the hit and get into the housing market. Home values only go up here. We are in a confined space around the bay so there is little land left to develop to deflate the housing market. Middle class housing will always have demand. Now is the time to buy in this area....more inventory on the market and the buyer is in the drivers seat.

RW Shores! Thats close to where I live (I'm on the other side of freeway in San Carlos). Shoot it's near my family's personal shop too. Message me if you ever need a place to work on your car. I have a lift for servicing if you ever find the need to go under your car.

P.S. Bring me some Garrett's Popcorn!! I love that stuff:icon_chee. I'm thinking of flying out to Chicago again to do some work..and the rewards of Chicago food is worth working.

^cool thanks for the offer...I will miss the chicago food...my waistline won't however

Yes i work for EA so 101 and Cal Train on Friday's will be in my cards it looks like.

Don't listen to the fellow NC idiots they know nothing :)

As an update...still not a bite on our house...going to lower the price next week I guess?

Archived