LegacyGT.com

timming belt jumped

okay so went to take my lgt out for the first drive and everything seemed fine no over heating no nothing. drove about 2 1/2 miles then all of a sudden car just shuts off figured it was out of gas filled the tank up still wouldnt start. cranked kinda hard so i pulled it back to the grauge pulled the covers off and timming was off big time about 6 teeth. however i let the car idle last night for almost an hour and a half to check for leaks and all that fun stuff. so my question is what caused this. tennsinor perhaps ?

if ti is 97+ it will have the new tensionor and if it was not replaced at the last belt / head gasket change, that could be the problem.

your ''first drive'' after what? new head gaskets? timing belt?

year, model, miles and service history please.

its a 98,BD,milage not sure jdm swap. new timming belt. and yes new headgaskets. got heads re surfaced pressure checked all the required shit. and i have an extra tensioner from my other usdm block. so ill try that. and wouldnt it more than likeley be the drivers side if either head goes since it spring loaded

• I Donated

line up your crank and see what cams don't line up with it.

If you jumped 6 teeth, you destroyed one or both of your heads. You can try and re-time it and do a compression check to see if you damaged the valves or not.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived