LegacyGT.com

Vacuum lines? MAP sensor?

Revised timing, make sure to check your to check your vacuum lines. You have a leak at your MAP sensor.

That is the message I received with my last tune revision. I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on what I am looking for?

I went thru and didn't see any lines disconnected from when I installed everything. If you have any suggestions I'm open too.

And where would the MAP sensor be at?

• Moderators
check the T-connector under you intercooler, intercooler TB hose, and BPV sense hose. I ziptied / corbin clamped all of those during my stage 2 install--you should've done the same. Not a big deal if you didnt, just have to pop the intercooler off and go at it.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators

looks good. cant see bpv sense hose, but that would be the most obvious leak ever (to the right of the intercooler as you look from the front of the car.

One of the "t hoses" goes down and it's also suggested that you clamp it, but I'm not sure which one, sorry. I have an image, but baby is crying, brb.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Your map sensor is connected on the same bracket that your boost control solenoid is bolted to. It's above your turbo inlet in front of your intake manifold. It has a vacuum fitting that points down and connects to the nipple that comes off of the front lower middle of your intake manifold.

Go search for vacation pics If you have more questions about where things are. Or look at the vacuum layout diagram under your hood.

Look around further, there are more vacuum hoses that need to be zip-tied.

Some are behind, under the intake manifold. Then look more, any vacuum hose should be zip-tied.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

^ yeah there are emission vacuum lines that under under the manifold. There is an air surge solenoid that is on the same bracket at the map and ebcs. Its lower and pushed back a little under the manifold. It has two nipples on it for emissions. One hose goes to the back of the manifold (that one is hard to see), and the other one goes to the nipple right at the front of the manifold that is that big circle in the front.

In the picture: the line thats off, if you follow that back theirs a round thing with a foam outside. In the picture it's just above the blue connector, what is it sms if the foam is deterating should it be replaced?

lol @ this thread. zip tie that vac line, hoses that arent connected to anything are a problem with turbo subarus. and guess how i blew two pistons to death? a disconnected map sensor line that blew off(from what i can gather).

The other one I was referring to is the one that goes to the manifold. See image.

So, are you referring to this thing under the red circle?

There is a hose that feeds towards the passenger side direction that is loose.

Do you have to take the major top half of the engine off to reach it?

photo-1.thumb.jpg.4ddc199412432da6cff369a1d51f562e.jpg

Edited by Refuge

• 6 months later...
^ Hope this is the cause of my problems. Running super lean, after installing aftermarket inlet hose. I did notice during re-installation of engine partss, that the tube was very lose. like almost unable to stay in place. BTW, whats the foam around that plastic thing for?

• 7 years later...

Hey guys,

i need some help with my 2005 legacy non turbo.

the engine shakes/misfires only when im at a complete stop, once

I take off, the engine seems to settle. I feel like its a vacuum issue bcuz i had a jetta before and it had the exact same symptoms.

my mechanic nephew already changed coil with wires and plugs, and a new battery ( not related lol)

if anyone can give me any advice or know of common

hoses that crack and lose vacuum, that would be greatly appreciated

A smoke test of the vacuum system would be the next step. He can blow smoke into the system and see if there are any leaks in a hose.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Hey guys,

i need some help with my 2005 legacy non turbo.

the engine shakes/misfires only when im at a complete stop, once

I take off, the engine seems to settle. I feel like its a vacuum issue bcuz i had a jetta before and it had the exact same symptoms.

my mechanic nephew already changed coil with wires and plugs, and a new battery ( not related lol)

if anyone can give me any advice or know of common

hoses that crack and lose vacuum, that would be greatly appreciated

If the idle goes low and almost stalls when coming to a stop, that's a very common thing on our non-turbo's after the battery has been disconnected, it usually goes away after a few days, depends how much driving you do for the ecu to relearn. Wouldn't hurt to clean the maf sensor too