LegacyGT.com

Misfire gone with MAF disconnected

I have been having a cylinder 2, and 4 misfire. Idle is ROCK solid with it plugged in and with it unplugged. The misfire only happens under a load. With MAF disconnected I can run and drive at any throttle without misfire. Any ideas?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been following this...it doesn't make sense.

Can you get a volt meter and test the wires for the MAF and #2 & 4 coils.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I have a smoke machine, no air leaks at all in system, rock solid. The smoke machine also can feed air in which I did, again rock solid. Im about to just sell it for parts.....I am at a loss. With maf connected barely moves out of its own way. With it disconnected I can drive and have slight hesitation but it is infinetely better. Replaced MAF, nothing, replaced a/f sensor nothing.

I know how to use a smoke machine......been doing it for 20 years. Entire vac system was checked. Smoke did not leak, maintained pressure and machine indicated no leak.

I got this car used and have been trying to find the route of all its issues. I never anticipated misrouted lines

Booster is good, brakes are great. Checked inlet to turbo, no leak. Only thing i can think of is that the lines off of intake tube are misrouted. Anyone give me a breakdown starting at the air filter forward where the ports go specifically.

Archived