LegacyGT.com

recommended clutch replacement for bone stock MY08 LGT

It seems mine is on the way out, need to replace it and I'm wondering what do people recommend. I'm not going to be modding the car in any way nor have ever done. It seems also that the clutch got very heavy over the years. When I get into vw or Audi the clutch on those cars seems feather light compared to mine.Also while I'm down there, what else should I replace?Flywheel, bearing, rear crankshaft seal?

Thanks,

Vadim

I'm stage 2 and my clutch lasted until 105,000 miles. I looked at the various alternatives and decided since I generally drive sedately, I stayed with the stock clutch. The aftermarket clutches I read about seemed to have reliability problems that the stock clutch didn't. I don't want to pay $1000 for a clutch job only for it to last 15-30,000 miles.

My stock clutch didn't get heavier as miles went on, either.

Personally I would not put a oem clutch in one of these cars. I get get performance out of Spec Clutches. I replced the first one after 85,000 miles because I put a new short block in the car, the Spec 2+ was still going strong.

I replaced it with a Spec 2 clutch and it has been perfect for over 15,000 miles.

I got it from Mike at http://www.AZPinstalls.com you should also get the TSK3 TOB kit.

Contact Mike, he'll get you what you need and nothing else.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Could be it's begining to hang up on the snout from the tranny.

Get the TSK3 kit for the TOB.

Make sure whom ever installs it greases the snout so the TOB can slide easy.

also a little grease on the ID of the pilot bearing.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I'll be installing it, so everything will get greased correctly.

Good to hear you know how to work on the car.

Use anti-seize compound on all the nuts and bolts. Well except the clutch and FW ones, But you may know that.

I'll be having AZP do my clutch install whenever I decide to pull the trigger... I do all my own work but it seems outside of my capabilities (mostly patience). Seriously considering the spec 2 (maybe 2+) based on all your recomendations.

I'll be having AZP do my clutch install whenever I decide to pull the trigger... I do all my own work but it seems outside of my capabilities (mostly patience). Seriously considering the spec 2 (maybe 2+) based on all your recomendations.

I enjoy the Spec2 much more then the Spec2+ the 2+ is noisy, it makes a howl when you take off in 1st gear during normal driving. that's because of the carbon/kevlar material. The 2+ would also chatter every now and then. The Spec2 is totally normal. It has never chattered.

The Spec2 is a little stiffer then the OEM clutch in my 2009 Spec B. But the only way I notice is when I drive the Spec B for the first time in weeks.

Archived