LegacyGT.com

Hey guys, I have an appointment next monday to get my windows tinted and am second guessing myself as far as which percentages to go with. I first wanted to do 35% fronts (to stay legal) and 20% rear, but I am not sure how difficult 20% would be to see out of at night. :confused: I don't want to go any darker on 35% on the fronts so I can avoid hassle from the police as the legal limit here in maine is 35 fronts and anything in the rear windows. I have a QSM with black interior if that is any help.

I appreciate the input fellas; I know that this has been addressed in other posts but most of them were older so pictures would not load for the most part.

THANKS!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20% is still fairly difficult to see out at night. I would say go for the clean look, 35% all around. I had 20% all around, it wasn't that bad. I have 5% in the rear now, I can't see %#&@ at night.

with a dark interior, 20% rear / 35% front looks good.

i went with 35% all around because that's the legal limit.

/\__/\

(='.'=) This is Cat. Copy and paste Cat

(")_(") to help him gain world domination.

Funny... My wagon is being tinted as I'm typing this in the waiting room of the tint shop. I went with 35% on the front windows and 15% for all the rears.

I used to have a WRX with 20% on the front side windows and at night I had to roll the windows down while making left turns because I couldn't see properly.

As for the sun-strip on the front windshield, go for 5%. Otherwise it's useless.

I find the factory sun strip just fine, and I hate the sharp cutoff of a piece of tint stuck up there.

I also can't stand it when I can't see the driver of other cars - has the driver seen me coming as he's rolling through the stop sign?

Hey guys, I have an appointment next monday to get my windows tinted and am second guessing myself as far as which percentages to go with. I first wanted to do 35% fronts (to stay legal) and 20% rear, but I am not sure how difficult 20% would be to see out of at night. :confused: I don't want to go any darker on 35% on the fronts so I can avoid hassle from the police as the legal limit here in maine is 35 fronts and anything in the rear windows. I have a QSM with black interior if that is any help.

I appreciate the input fellas; I know that this has been addressed in other posts but most of them were older so pictures would not load for the most part.

THANKS!

I see you're from Maine too. Who is doing your windows? I'm having my windows tinted on Thursday and will prob. do 35% on the sides and limo on the rest (that is how most of my other rides are tinted).

My other Subaru right after windows were tinted (3 years ago)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b83/JF-03-SS/Subaru003.jpg

My truck with 20% on the sides.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b83/JF-03-SS/Picture295.jpg

I'm getting it done at crenshaws auto salon in Augusta. I'm leaning towards 35 front and 20 back. From some reading it seems like 20is pretty hard to see out of for the sides but as far as backing up it shouldnt be too big of an issue since the majority of the time I use mirrors while in reverse

I did 50 on the windshield, 35 on the fronts, and 20 for the rest. I like it but it does get a bit dark at night backing up, but if you use the side mirrors most of the time it's not bad.

On a truck I had I did 35 on the fronts, 20 on the rear sides and 35 on the back glass. I thought it would look funny but was talked into it. As it turned out the 35 on the back made backing up at night easier, but during the day you couldn't tell the back sides and rear glass were different shades. That's an idea if you're more concerned with visibility.

Keep in mind that every tint brand/manufactures have their 5%, 15%, 20%, 35%, etc, but all of them have different shades/colors. Also depending if they are dyed, metallic, hybrid, ceramic, they will look different. There are also many window tint film manufactures, and each brand have their high and low-end films.

Where in Maine are you? My experience with tint and police has been that if you get pulled over for something else and you're a dick, then it's an add on for the ticket. Unless your windows are completely blacked out, I don't think you would get hassled.

Archived