LegacyGT.com

R&T - Spy Shots - 2013 Subaru Coupe

W1CKED

http://www.roadandtrack.com/var/ezflow_site/storage_RT_NEW/storage/images/tests/draft-content/caught-testing-2013-subaru-coupe/gallery/photo_1/2488304-1-eng-US/spy-2013-subaru-coupe-img01_gallery_image_large.jpg

http://www.roadandtrack.com/var/ezflow_site/storage_RT_NEW/storage/images/tests/draft-content/caught-testing-2013-subaru-coupe/gallery/photo_3/2488334-1-eng-US/spy-2013-subaru-coupe-img03_gallery_image_large.jpg

http://www.roadandtrack.com/var/ezflow_site/storage_RT_NEW/storage/images/tests/draft-content/caught-testing-2013-subaru-coupe/gallery/photo_6/2488379-1-eng-US/spy-2013-subaru-coupe-img06_gallery_image_large.jpg

LINK TO ORIGINAL WEB STORY

No turbo, no scoop. No AWD either.

From the article...

"Under the hood is a naturally aspirated 200-bhp 2.0-liter flat-4 engine, coupled with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters—as seen on this prototype. A turbocharged engine seems likely for high-performance STI-badged variants."

RWD, 200 hp, and the promised curb weight of 2,700 lbs is a pretty good combo, IMO, particularly if it retails for $25k. Plus, it's looking a lot like the Toyota FT-86/Scion FR-S version, which is a good thing. :wub:

Meh. I'm not so sure I like the low HP OR the RWD. However, if they manage to come up with enough modifications to make this car worth a purchase then I would imagine it will turn a few heads... Also, that ugly, UGLY paint job/decal/sticker-fit makes it hard to say how decent it could actually look at the time of release. *shrugs*
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Never been a fan of the Miata either. Haha. But, I do like RWD. So, anything that might pop out like the Cusco RWD Scoober would be sweet. Hence the mention of available modifications. I'd love a light, RWD Subaru to drive around during the summer time. :)

A Subaru looking like Toyota IS NOT GOOD. OR has Toyota succeeded in its mission to completely homogenize Subaru to be appeal to people that think Scions are cool ??

The best part about that spy shot is the STi in front :mad:

People have to realize that it is not always about power. It is about finesse. The Miata was

not built to take down cars at stop lights, and neither will this car, at least in the NA form.

I think the power to weight ratio is actually a decent one. Not many cars coming out today

can break the 3000lb curb weight. Hopefully Subaru did a decent job of chassis/suspension

tuning to make the car handle well.

My E30 M3 was built on the same concept. It does not have a lot of power in today's

standards, but put it on a twisty road and it will hang with a lot of higher horsepower

and more modern cars. A car that talks to the driver and can hang in the corners can

make up what it lacks in the straight line speeds. And in my opinion is more fun.

A Subaru looking like Toyota IS NOT GOOD. OR has Toyota succeeded in its mission to completely homogenize Subaru to be appeal to people that think Scions are cool ??

IMO, most Toyotas look like ass, but the FT-86/Scion FR-S prototypes are good looking. Toyota's not homogeniziing Subaru. Rather, Subaru is diversifying Toyota and giving it a pulse. :lol:

Also, that ugly, UGLY paint job/decal/sticker-fit makes it hard to say how decent it could actually look at the time of release. *shrugs*

That's the point of camo...

I think it looks pretty good. Shame it'll have such a boring mill under the hood. Hopefully there will be a fast version.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

That's the point of camo...

I think it looks pretty good. Shame it'll have such a boring mill under the hood. Hopefully there will be a fast version.

Haha. Exactly my point. There are a few areas in the camo where you can see some body lines but not enough to determine if they look good. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what it ends up looking like...

IMO, most Toyotas look like ass, but the FT-86/Scion FR-S prototypes are good looking. Toyota's not homogeniziing Subaru. Rather, Subaru is diversifying Toyota and giving it a pulse. :lol:

Diversifying Toyota:eek: have you not seen the BM Legacy or the GM Impreza or the Studied the FB engine or glanced at the Forester???

Not many cars coming out today can break the 3000lb curb weight.

Which is why I still regret trading in the '84 Rabbit GTi back in the day. At a hair over 2000lb, 90HP was more than enough to stand out among the cars of the early '80s.

Aggressive curb weight reductions are the easiest path to performance on a limited HP/TQ budget, and 2700lb isn't aggressive enough for me, but is likely all that can be done within the scope of current safety regs.

VW hit a mondo home run with the GTi for two reasons: It was light enough to make its HP/TQ seem powerful to the driver and the hatchback form was just so damned handy for cargo capacity.

I never should have sold that car.

Does it look like one of the break lights is already out? I don't why I find that amusing, but I do. Can't wait to see how this thing handles. It should attract a different audience with 200 bhp, good handling & looks to match.

Looks like reflection from the tape of the turn signal.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived