LegacyGT.com

SPT CBE Fit Question

2006 SpecB

I just installed my SPT CBE on my 2006 Spec B and noticed the left muffler is hanging higher than the right. I think the stock did the same, but not as bad. Any easy ways to even this out?

They seem to fit fine left to right inside the muffler cutouts, not perfect, but fine. Any thoughts there are appreciated as well. Thanks

I checked hangers and they seem to not want to budge at all from their position. It looks like one of them could use an adjustment but when I try to move it, it is not going anywhere. Almost as if one of the hangers needs to be longer....not sure why this is?

Try to use a hose clamp on the side that is hanging too low...basically just slide the clamp around the rubber hanger and tighten it up until it pulls the exhaust up into the correct position.

People may not agree with this but I put some lubricant on the rubber hanger and it moves a lot better. Also, try moving the exhaust left to right a little bit, they might settle even.

You need to loosen up the 3 connections for your CBE. The one at the donut gasket where it meets the DP. And the two mufflers where it connects to the Y-pipe. Then you have to adjust things, and possibly have an assistant hold it in place, while you tighten it back up.

A degree or two at the DP->CBE joint can translate into an inch or two or three of difference at the exhaust tips.

Archived