LegacyGT.com

Cusco suspension long term update

Chief_Wiggum

Well it's been 5k miles and almost 6 months since I installed my Cusco suspension and I thought I'd give you a long term update.

Installed:

Cusco Zero 2 Coilovers

Cusco Front and Rear Sway Bars

Cuson Front and Rear Lower Arm Bars

Prodrive PFF-7 18"x8" Wheels

Toyo Proxes T1-R 245/35-R18 Tires

I rotated the tires and did the 15k service today so I gave the suspension and tires a good check over.

Tires are wheels are doing great. I expect to get at least 15k miles out of the tires. They're wearing evenly and look good. The wheels are in good shape despite the terrible roads here in Houston.

Zero problems with under bars, sway bars, or sway bar bushings. Lubed them up with Mobil 1 on install and haven't heard a peep from them. No prboblems with the rear bar mounts.

The RF pillow ball is shot I think. If I jack the car up, grab the wheel, and pull up I can see the bearing move up and down inside the mount. Hopefully I can get a replacement. No idea what caused this, but the LF is fine.

Overall, the suspension has been great. The ride on the freeway is incredible. It's totally solid and has a ton of grip. In town it's bumpy. The roads here are really bad, so I toned the dampening way down. It does pretty good over bumps, but it could use some more dampening. I just can't handle the beating though :(

Overall, the 5k checkup looks pretty good...except for that top hat.

The ride on the freeway is incredible. It's totally solid and has a ton of grip. In town it's bumpy. The roads here are really bad, so I toned the dampening way down. It does pretty good over bumps, but it could use some more dampening. I just can't handle the beating though :(

What are you running the dampening at? I'm installing my Zero2's tomorrow, and am planning on 2fr/3rr for right now. As long as it's not stiffer than my STi was, I should be okay. :p

-Mike-

Alignment is stock except for camber which is -0.5 front and as close to 0 in the rear as they could get it.

I'm running 1f/2r now. I started at 2f/3r and that felt just about perfect as far as handling, but a tad stiff on the city roads.

Alignment is stock except for camber which is -0.5 front and as close to 0 in the rear as they could get it.

I'm running 1f/2r now. I started at 2f/3r and that felt just about perfect as far as handling, but a tad stiff on the city roads.

How did they get the rear to "as close to 0 in the rear as they could get it"?

I thought you cannot adj it, is there a kit?

If you mess the toe adj then you will have messed up toe, to the best of my knowledge.

FWIW I have the ION springs and my rear camber came in at about -1.0 to -1.3. Perfect in my books for aggressive street driving but still kind to the tires.

there is a minor adjustment from the toe adjustment in the rear that does effect camber.. but camber and toe are in a way directly related (it depends on the kingpin axis if it's in front or behind the axle, that will determine if you get toe in or toe out when you dial in more negative camber).. in terms of the rear for the GT, toe adjustment should just stay as toe adjustment and not mistaken it as a "sub" way to dial in some minor camber.

If you want more camber, you'll need adjustable lateral links in the rear.

Keefe

Thanks. I started at 2f/3r, and the front felt a bit soft for me. So, I'm now at 3f/3r and I like it. :)

-Mike-

Archived