LegacyGT.com

Burn-Up Kit

GMFG

So, new-ish to the forum and was wondering if I could get some opinions. I still don't have a car...I'm deployed to Afghanistan.:spin: I am looking at getting a LGT in SWP, a 2008 w/ 40k miles. 5spd manual. I was creeping the forums and came across this body kit by Burn-Up. It is the STi one, I can't post pictures due to DoD internet. I was hoping you guys would just already know of it. I really liked it, I'm still a little boy-racer-ish (21). Wanted to get some second opinions, maybe some one on the forum has one and can tell me anything about it. i.e. fitment issues, need of JDM front bumber conversion, etc.

Never heard of it before... for jdm coversion i believe is just crash beam and bumber skin
StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

GMFG just go with a tastefull drop on either coilovers or spring/strut and the ebay 2006sti s204 lip and the 08 09 lgt look better than any body kit/racer bumper
StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

Btw what branch? Im active army from Westminster Co

Btw what branch? Im active army from Westminster Co

I'm active duty from Centennial, stationed at Ft. Drum, NY. We redeploy very soon back to NY, I'm super stoked. I'm still looking for a car though, haven't found one that I like. I do like the look of lowered with a lip, but I usually try for unique as a lot of people have coilovers/lowering springs and a lip. I have not seen really anyone with the Burn-Up kit. It does make it decidedly STi-like, which, to me isn't all that bad. I like STi's...

Anyone have pics pf their with coilovers/lowering springs with the S204 lip?

Dude buy mine im at ft drum selling mine soon 2005 with 76k regal blue pearl 5 speed was stage 3 but going back to stock, i have a 20mm adj sway bar for it too. Stock exhaust is magnaflow or i can also sell with the fast motorsports catback on it. Title in hand. Pm me for my email if youd like more info

If the Burn-up kit is what you like, or any other JDM bumper for that matter, I strongly suggest you purchase an 05-07 Legacy. JDM bumper swaps are painless with those MYs - all you need is the bumper face, beam and a few miscellaneous parts. If you buy an 08-09 car, you'll need the JDM equivalent of every exterior front end part except the hood. I'm talking headlights, headlight brackets, grille, bumper face, beam, fenders, etc.

Stay safe over there!

If you like STis and that horrid bumper, just buy an 05-06 STi and be done with it.

Then you have a lot more money for go fast parts.

That isn't the point. STi's are generic and people buy them because they go fast. The whole point, IMO, of buying a LGT is to have something fast that not a lot of people have. The bumper doesn't help a whole by keeping it completely sleeper, but it would be very original. A little ricer is not always a bad thing, underglow with an aluminum wing from Pepboys is a bad thing.

I'll give you the LGT is not a common car, but fast it is not. Especially not when stock V6 Camries and Accords are running similar quarters.

If you have to throw money at a body kit, go with the Reiz or Albero. The designers actually made the bumpers appear they could be a factory sport bumper option on the car.

The LGT fully stock with 250hp/250tq does 0-60 in 5.7, 1/4 in 14.3@96.2

The 2012 Maxima comes with 390hp/261tq and can only yield a 0-60 in 5.7, 1/4 in 14.5@98.

The 2012 Accord comes with 271hp/251tq and does 0-60 in 6.3, 1/4 in 14.7@100.

I wouldn't say the LGT is slow. If you think about it, my 2005 LGT is coming on 8 years old now. It does pretty well, and it would still be doing pretty well even if it were stock instead of Stage 2.

Pretty interesting that a Maxima with 140 more horsepower barely matches a stock 05 LGT. The extra weight and gearing must be hurting it badly.

Just because it's quicker than other cars, doesn't make it not slow.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Not true.

A stock LegacyGT is not a "fast car".

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Then clearly my definition of "fast" is much more interesting and fun than your definition of fast.

Hehe, make no mistake.... I have no illusions about what my car is and isn't and what it can and can't do. I know there are lots of faster cars available. I know that being Stage 2 gave me a fair bump in power and torque over stock levels. I also remember that back in 2005, Maximas were running 6.3 in 0-60 and 1/4 mile 14.9@95.8 so even then, a stock LGT was quicker than a Maxima and an Accord.

I also know that a Z06 Corvette would eat me alive and not even bother chewing me up before spitting me back out. Or my friend's RS4. Or an M3 or M5, or R8, etc (insert random exotic sports car here). Believe me, I know there are a lot of faster cars out there.

But when the overwhelming majority of cars on the road are slower than you, I think my opinion holds some water. Add stage 2 and even fewer cars are faster.

"Fast car"? I guess maybe not fast, but it's a quick car in general, and a fast sedan.

New Maximas are turds. Look nice as hell but I've driven a new one last year and it feels like it has 200 hp, not the nearly 300 it actually has.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

Archived