LegacyGT.com

Is there a way to use a WRX/STI intake manifold on Legacy?

So I just picked up a 06 WRX engine and would like to use the Intake manifold from this motor as opposed to the LGT one. I already have the 68HTA and STI TMIC to finish off the build but the harness on the motor does not work for the LGT. The connectors for the injectors along with the smaller one on the TB do not connect. What are your thoughts on splicing the WRX connectors into the LGT harness and then swapping over the sensor from the LGT TB to the WRX TB? Any other issues I might run in to? I would like to strip all of the factory loom off of the LGT harness so I can extend it where ever I need to to make it fit and tuck away in a clean manner. Any advice or opinions are welcome. I know it would be easiest if I just swap IMs but seeing as how the turbo and TMIC are just sitting here I would really like to use them. Thoughts?

Scott G

To clarify, I would be using the entire WRX motor, TGVs, fuel lines.......this is not just swapping intake manifolds....sorry for the confusion.

[

Thanks for the search advice, I input that and came up with people asking about STI swaps but without any real answer. You say it is not difficult, do you have experience with it, and if so can you lend some accurate advice or point me to one of the many that have done the full swap? Thanks.

Scott G

[

First off, no wire cutting needed. Use the LGT wiring harness. I'm gathering everthing to do this swap now (have everthing but a turbo). All you need is the intake manifold (must be drive by wire), turbo, tmic, brackets for the tmic, turbo inlet, some hose and gaskets. Cartain manifolds will require a different turbo coolant resivour. I also picked up some extra top feed tgv's and ported them which i'd recommend doing since you will be in there.

There has to be some sort of cutting. The WRX TGVs use top feed injectors and the LGT are side feed. The connectors are different. So if you are going from side to top feed you will need to do the same. I ordered my clips from Deatschwerks, take a look at the link and you will see what I am talking about with the clips. I guess you could shave down the plastic guide on the injector but I would rather not mess around with a 4xx dollar injectors.

http://www.deatschwerks.com/accessories/fuel-injector-electrical-connectors

[

Archived