LegacyGT.com

OFFICIAL: MN Meet thread

twisted

Okay I figured since a couple of you guys on here are from MN I'd post this question. Are there any "GOOD" tuner shops around my area? I'm from Bismarck, ND. The key word is "GOOD". I want to get tuned and don't wanna drive accross the country to do so. I contacted DB Performance out of MN but, they said they don't mess around with something thats only gonna put down about 270WHP which I thought was wierd....business is business.....Right? I currently own 07 legacy GT (MT) stage 2 with Cobb map. I purchased a VF40/18G turbo and Walbro 255 fuel pump from TDC.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay I figured since a couple of you guys on here are from MN I'd post this question. Are there any "GOOD" tuner shops around my area? I'm from Bismarck, ND. The key word is "GOOD". I want to get tuned and don't wanna drive accross the country to do so. I contacted DB Performance out of MN but, they said they don't mess around with something thats only gonna put down about 270WHP which I thought was wierd....business is business.....Right? I currently own 07 legacy GT (MT) stage 2 with Cobb map. I purchased a VF40/18G turbo and Walbro 255 fuel pump from TDC.

You can contact me and I will get you taken care of. I do a number of dyno days with Jorge and I can take care of your installs for you as well. Drop me a PM.

• 2 weeks later...
You can contact me and I will get you taken care of. I do a number of dyno days with Jorge and I can take care of your installs for you as well. Drop me a PM.

Bikerboy can you protune for the cobb AP? Are there any good tuners around MN that use cobb AP?

kienai, I drive my GT around every day. Last week I saw an '08 spec B, tried to get the guy to look over but he seemed clueless. Seems like most people with sedans are oblivious to the fact LGT came in wagon form also.

Now that you mention it I do remember seeing a few black GT wagons around the St. Thomas area. I saw them once before winter started, but haven't see them since. I saw a Silver wagon just last week on my communte to work in the morning, I couldn't tell if it was a GT or not. It was on 94W around the UMN area. How much is insurance on a GT Wagon? I'm only 23. One of the reason I didn't get a GT. :( Oh.. And gas.

I rarely ever see another GT wagon. I've seen one silver one in the last 3 months.

I think I pay like $270 every 6 months for the wagon, I'm 26 though. Wait till you hit 25, the rates really drop. I used to have a '02 mustang GT, I paid more for that in 6 months than I pay for both my wife and I in a year now!.

Bikerboy can you protune for the cobb AP? Are there any good tuners around MN that use cobb AP?

Yes, I can get your car protuned on an AP. We are having another tuning session on Feb. 23. It is almost full at this point so if you want in I will need your commitment and a deposit to hold your slot. As all that is left is the last slot it would be stand by slot with no 100% guarantee of a tune.

Matt

I'm not ready for a protune yet, I'm just basic stg2 right now. But I just ordered a perrin TMIC and am looking at turbo options down the road, VF40-18g maybe or see what happens with the 2008 WRX, hopefully their aftermarket turbos will fit us.

Where is your shop at bikerboy and how often do you organize tunes?

• 2 months later...
If you have seen a Black LGT running around town it might have been me! It's really rare to see LGT's, I saw my first one at the airport the other day. A silver, non limited, AT. I am relatively new to the forum and to MN. Do any of you have a preferred shop in the twin cities? I just ordered ss brake lines, hawk pads and motul fluid. They will need to be put on sooner than later, so I thought I would ask. Thanks

Where are you normally driving? I saw a black wagon in maple grove about 2 months ago, I wasn't in my car though. We have to do another meet now that the weather is getting nicer. I just got my new wheels on and ordered coilovers, can't wait for the first autox.

Oh, as far as shops go I'm not sure, maybe someone else knows. I usually just do everything myself, lines pads and fluid would be pretty easy actually. You just need a bleeder kit or a second person to help you.

I use metric autoworks in woodbury.

They do very good work and Chris is an honest guy. Been using them for a few years, having them put on some Hawk HPSes and new fluid tommorow. :)

I'm an 2005 ABP Legacy GT wagon (manual, no-sunroof). I'm the asshole with CA plates that probably cut you off ;). Also, put on SSR competitions (anthracite) yesterday.

Been seeing a bunch of LGTs lately. White auto sedan (05-06) today parked near ford parkway & cleveland in St. Paul. Red sedan (05-06) manual with momo shift knob near UMN law school yesterday. Seen an ABP wagon a few times on 62 as well as a silver one. Also seen an ABP sedan twice (the only person who's waved back :)). Stalked an OBXT tonight on 494.

I'd be up for a proper meet.

• 1 month later...
if so let me know when and where minni is only bout 6 hrs from me and i would make the trip just to shoot the shit.

03 BH

Mods: Group A Alt & Crank Pullys and end links,

CIA, JDM L7 Grille, JDM HID lights, JDM rear tails

Stromung CBE, KYB GR2's W/ H&R springs.

Hows the subie scene there? wouldnt mind crusing down for a meet or a subie event.

03 BH

Mods: Group A Alt & Crank Pullys and end links,

CIA, JDM L7 Grille, JDM HID lights, JDM rear tails

Stromung CBE, KYB GR2's W/ H&R springs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I was in the cities this weekend and saw what looked like a GRP LGT and a QSM 3.0R... Saw them from afar... How many LGTers are there in the cities?

3 of us (all manual wagons) show up to auto-x

Another wagon and a spec B owned by people I know, at least

Seen quite a few other LGTs around here as well.

Yeah, some of you sedans should show up to the autox's. Or maybe they are afraid of the wagons better weight distribution and don't want to get beat;). I am going to the next Amery airport speed run, anyone else going to that? Should be fun to see how fast stg2 is without fear of tickets.

Yeah, some of you sedans should show up to the autox's. Or maybe they are afraid of the wagons better weight distribution and don't want to get beat;). I am going to the next Amery airport speed run, anyone else going to that? Should be fun to see how fast stg2 is without fear of tickets.

I'm more scared of what happens when you do this equation: 18% Tint + Stage 2 (with Magnaflow CBE) + Minnesota State Patrol. Two hours on the road is a long time, and leaves me with a good chance of encountering the state patrol at several points on my way.

I'm more scared of what happens when you do this equation: 18% Tint + Stage 2 (with Magnaflow CBE) + Minnesota State Patrol. Two hours on the road is a long time, and leaves me with a good chance of encountering the state patrol at several points on my way.

See, you really should have got the wagon. I have 20%, stg2 with x02 CBE. I have been at stoplights several times with cops right next to me, they look over and then look back at the road. They don't give the wagon a second thought, I bet if I had a sedan though I would see flashy lights.

Did that this year.

Only 100mph on stg 1

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, anyone have a recommendation of a good place to get a windsheild replaced? Stupid semi threw a large rock at me last night and cracked the glass. I do have comprehensive so I will go through insurance, I just want a decent place that won't screw up the install and make sure the wiper heaters still work.