LegacyGT.com

2018 Subaru Legacy

IcEWoLF

I saw the Legacy 2018 and it looks really nice, they updated the design and looks a bit more sportier.

Going to give my 2010 2.5i which only has 36k miles on to my old man if I get the 2018 car.

http://www.subaru.com/2018-legacy.html

Has anyone pre-ordered it?

This time around I am leaning towards the 3.6R hoping it would give me an extra "pop" while driving through the mountains/hills and of course highway.

Have they made any real improvements from the 2010 3.6R to the 2017 3.6R as far as the engine goes?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you'll like the 2018. Should be a nice change and upgrade from your's.

We love the eyesight in our 2016 Outback 3.6R.

Waiting to see what the colors are for the paint and interior before we decide if we'll trade it in.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I think you'll like the 2018. Should be a nice change and upgrade from your's.

We love the eyesight in our 2016 Outback 3.6R.

Waiting to see what the colors are for the paint and interior before we decide if we'll trade it in.

Thats good to hear, I've heard good things about eyesight, its nice to have, usually not a problem for me, but its good to have an extra pair of safety eyes.

My cousins both bought 2016 and 2017 WRX, don't get me wrong, they are awesome cars, very sporty and turbo is very nice, just need a bit more room.

Usually I like the Graphite Grey color, which is what I have, but I might opt in for the red one this time around or even go with the newer graphite grey color again. We will see when I see them at the lot.

I don't think I'll preorder, I rather go to the dealership, check out the colors in person, test drive them and go from there. I hope they have some 3.6R early, the sports edition is gonna be really nice looking, I wish it had some sporty suspensions, but it looks like the sport edition all its gonna have are some nice touches around the car, nothing performance wise upgrades.

Also I always go with the dark interior, I can't stand white interiors lol, I have minor OCD and seeing spots on white interiors gonna drive me nuts.

I just wish they brought back a turbo option for the legacy, but these days it seems like they just want the turbo option exclusively for the WRX.

For suspension upgrades, the STI rear sway bar is a common upgrade on the 2015+ Legacy's and Outbacks.

Our 16 is Graphite Gray too. I can't say how impressed I am with the eyesight system. I believe it has already saved us once.

Benny at http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/oem-online-subaru-parts-vendors-list-42243p5.html, see post 167 can help you out with a sway bar. Tell him I sent you.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I am looking at a 2018 3.6R. Replacing a 2004 Audi A4, which has been good, but expensive to maintain. I have not pre-ordered before. How does that work? Are you able to get good pricing if you go that way?

Hi all. After going back and forth many times, I received the following quote:

2018 Legacy Sport

No EyeSight

Popular Package #2B (Auto dimming mirror with approach light, bumper applique, Cargo Tray, All weather mats, splash guards, LED Map and Dome Lights)

Selling Price: $25,204

Out the Door: $27,405.84 (Ventura County, CA)

:)

If you have bought a new Subaru before and are planning on buying another new one call SOA they will give you a $500 certificate towards your next car, I just did it.

Just wondering if I can get multiple certificates, if my cousin calls and gives me his and then use mine then will the dealership accept it?

I mean we bought all 3 cars brand new from the same dealership...

Mine is a 2010, my other cousin is 2016 wrx, and other cousin is 2017 wrx...

I like the new 2018 models. I wish we could get a pearl white exterior with a black interior for an option though, I can't stand the beige colored interior.

On the 2017, you can get the white with black interior with the exception of the Sport trim, which only has one interior color. So I assume it'll likely be the same with the 2018.

I like the new 2018 models. I wish we could get a pearl white exterior with a black interior for an option though, I can't stand the beige colored interior.

That is the thing I hate the most about my car.

That and the fact that the interior looks like a cheap rental car.

The 2017 Imprezas interior is a hundred times better looking than the Legacy (even the new one). The stitching and attention to detail in the new Impreza is awesome as are the multiple color screens.

It seems to me that Subaru is just content with the Legacy being a "middle road" and boring sedan.

I received a VIN from Subaru of America and the estimated delivery date is showing "on or before August 21." :cool:

Looking forward to seeing one in real life. Very interested to see which exterior colors allow the new gray interior as I am not a fan of beige at all nor overly fond of black. I signed up for the 2018 notices at the Subaru site but haven't received anything yet.

Placed order for mine on Monday of this week. Crimson Red Metallic, Eyesight, Reverse auto braking, nav, high beam assist, all weather floor mats, cargo tray, rear bumper applique and splash guards.

No pricing was available from dealer. I hear the 2018's are $240 more than then 17's. Anyone hear anything else?

First pre order- fourth Subaru. How long until i get a build date?

Thanks!

Looking forward to seeing one in real life. Very interested to see which exterior colors allow the new gray interior as I am not a fan of beige at all nor overly fond of black. I signed up for the 2018 notices at the Subaru site but haven't received anything yet.

It sounds like the 2018s may show up in dealers as early as next week per folks at Subaru Outback Forum.

Subaru updated their website to show 2018 Outback but still no updates for the Legacy. Hopefully soon. In the meantime, you can find info on color, options, and pricing here: http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2018/Subaru/Legacy

Placed order for mine on Monday of this week. Crimson Red Metallic, Eyesight, Reverse auto braking, nav, high beam assist, all weather floor mats, cargo tray, rear bumper applique and splash guards.

No pricing was available from dealer. I hear the 2018's are $240 more than then 17's. Anyone hear anything else?

First pre order- fourth Subaru. How long until i get a build date?

Thanks!

It took about two weeks for me to get the VIN and ETA from Subaru. But yours may vary.

You should also be able to negotiate your price now before you even place your deposit. If your dealer is telling you they don't have it, that sounds sketchy. SOA released the pricing back in late June so I don't know what your dealer is talking about. Refer to this link for more info: http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2018/Subaru/Legacy

elevationair82,

Thank you very much for the info! I appreciate it. I am a repeat customer there they actually didn't take a deposit but will certainly negotiate the price.

I will check in a couple of weeks see if they have a build date.

Thanks again!

elevationair82,

Thank you very much for the info! I appreciate it. I am a repeat customer there they actually didn't take a deposit but will certainly negotiate the price.

I will check in a couple of weeks see if they have a build date.

Thanks again!

No problem! I would hate to see someone get wrong info and possibly get ripped off. Since you're a repeat customer, I feel like you should be able to get it below invoice. Good luck!

Also, like theGeneral mentioned in previous page, I would call Subaru to get $500 certificate since you're a repeat customer. You may know about that already though.

Archived