LegacyGT.com

what do you guys think of TSW?

SpecBGuy

im not getting one soon since im one of the people losing their jobs but just for the future sake what do you think about these rims?

they do have different colors too. everyone just seems to have same ol ROTAS which arent bad, i just want to see something different.

TSW WILLOW

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/892/willowbronzeregnormalwh.jpg

TSW ZOLDER

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2897/zoldersilverregnormalwh.jpg

the lip looks nice

but with the offset/size you'll be getting...i doubt there will be any lip...which in turns, looks crap

so yeah

i was thinking the same thing. i legacy fitment might not have a lip. i hate the way they made legacy wheel pattern or set up or what ever you call it:mad:.

back in the day TSW stood for "totally soft wheels". I remember several people i knew that had constantly bent rims. I dont know how they are now but i would hope they fixed their design/quality issues.

i had enkeis on my civic before and bent 3 different place on one wheel. tsw are put on suvs so im thinking they got better maybe.

I read in a performance car mag once inteh late 90's that the editors bent or broke one TSW wheel while on a track reviewing the wheels and other performance parts installed on one of their cars.

When they informed TSW to try and get it replaced, TSW told them to basically 'pound sand' and that they shouldn't have been pushing the wheels on a track and therefore they got no warranty coverage.

I thought that was incredibly stupid of TSW to tell a 'car magazine' that they wouldn't stand by their own products.... it turened into a very embarrassing published article for TSW and I have never considered their wheels for that fact.

My facts are little murky as I read the article over ten years ago.

I have personally had a couple sets of Enkeis over the last 15 years and the quality is great. I've driven on Konig Heliums too, and they worked just fine.

I would buy Rotas as they have a fairly good rep in the Subaru community.

yeah i just read other forums about TSW on there quality. nothing good was said beside how nice they look with there fat lip. i really want WORKs 11R or WEDs SA70 but on my budget im headed towards ROTAS which i dont think they are too bad since majority of suby owners have them.

I read in a performance car mag once inteh late 90's that the editors bent or broke one TSW wheel while on a track reviewing the wheels and other performance parts installed on one of their cars.

When they informed TSW to try and get it replaced, TSW told them to basically 'pound sand' and that they shouldn't have been pushing the wheels on a track and therefore they got no warranty coverage.

I thought that was incredibly stupid of TSW to tell a 'car magazine' that they wouldn't stand by their own products.... it turened into a very embarrassing published article for TSW and I have never considered their wheels for that fact.

My facts are little murky as I read the article over ten years ago.

I have personally had a couple sets of Enkeis over the last 15 years and the quality is great. I've driven on Konig Heliums too, and they worked just fine.

I would buy Rotas as they have a fairly good rep in the Subaru community.

I read something very similar. I remember for a fact what I read was an old Mopar magazine who had a Neon as a project car. They bent (might have actually cracked, I forget) a wheel and TSW told them to stuff it.

Edit: Nothing wrong with Rotas. For the $$$, they are a very viable option. Just don't expect them to be as light or strong as, say, an RPF1.

I read something very similar. I remember for a fact what I read was an old Mopar magazine who had a Neon as a project car. They bent (might have actually cracked, I forget) a wheel and TSW told them to stuff it.

Edit: Nothing wrong with Rotas. For the $$$, they are a very viable option. Just don't expect them to be as light or strong as, say, an RPF1.

That was it! Thanks for jogging my memory. I'm certain it was a domestic car performance rag as it was my best friend and fellow co-worker who shoed me the article after he finished reading it. He was a big muscle car / MOPAR fan.

As ofr Rota wheel weights, expect them to be slightly lighter than your OEM rims of the same size, but not significant enough that you'll notice any big performance gains. FOr that, you'll need to buck up for forged or other super-light-weight cast racing wheels.

That was it! Thanks for jogging my memory. I'm certain it was a domestic car performance rag as it was my best friend and fellow co-worker who shoed me the article after he finished reading it. He was a big muscle car / MOPAR fan.

The worst part not being that I remember that article but that I know I still have it somewhere amidst the 8 boxes of old car magazines my dad has lying around.

i had enkeis on my civic before and bent 3 different place on one wheel. tsw are put on suvs so im thinking they got better maybe.

Damn, what were you hitting?! I hit some nasty potholes up here and my Enkeis held up fine. Or did you have some rubber band low pros? I was running 15's with a 60 sidewall. The Legacy is on Enkei Klamp 17s with no problems.

<-----HONDA SERIAL KILLER-----> RIP JHMEH6160RS006479 RIP 1HGCD5650VA021631 RIP JHMGD38688S015633

Damn, what were you hitting?! I hit some nasty potholes up here and my Enkeis held up fine. Or did you have some rubber band low pros? I was running 15's with a 60 sidewall. The Legacy is on Enkei Klamp 17s with no problems.

i dont remember what i was running on but the rim had a lip on it so maybe that part was weak.

Archived