LegacyGT.com

90-91<>92-94 rear suspension

Hey guys, I am on the way to getting my 91 ls wagon back on the road after a good amount of motor and interior work. Since I bought it last march I have pulled the motor and tranny, replaced the whole center console and divider, cleaned the interior up pretty well. Time is coming to put the motor and drivetrain back into it, since all of this has been happening i have neglected the suspension. I didn't know the differences between the 2 versions of the 1st gen since only owning a 1995 legacy sedan at the time I guess I assumed that is when the suspension changes occurred..wrong.:)

I'm looking for parts for the early first gen drop link setup through whiteline (sway bars, endlinks etc), a rep emails me and lets me know all the parts for that rear end have been discontinued...so now Im Thinking about taking some parts from a post face-lift version to update it. I know I will need the rear control arms, endlinks and sway bar, would there be any other parts I would need? Will the original struts and knuckles work with them along with the lateral and trailing links and subframe? I will be needing new struts all around on this car as well, what would you guys recommend as far as struts go I will drive this car daily and possibly take it out to the desert to give it some exercise and also plan to heavily modify the suspension and chassis bracing in the future. But for now just want to get it on the road.

As far as front I just did a few things... Ebay gc endlinks is what I used, whiteline sway bushings have to trimmed quite a bit to fit. I had replaced not too long ago with oem ones that fit fine. SuperPro makes all of whitelines bushings and superpro is sometimes cheaper. Easiest way to find out swaybar size is to use an open end wrench eg:18mm...

Thanks man, I have seen your builds and very impressive..but my focus is on the rear control arms and sway bar/endlink setup. The fronts are in good shape except for the struts, what I have is a 90 wagon, with completely different sway bar and endlinks..i want to swap to the newer rear suspension.. I think I need rear lca's from a 92-94 legacy wagon or sedan along with the endlinks and strut bar mounts but I'm not sure.

You should have those goofy endlinks that drop through the control arm like my wagon did. I think you just need lateral links with the bracket to mount the standard c clip style endlinks. That should get you the sway bar options, whiteline does make the lateral links and lca bushings still.

Archived