LegacyGT.com

New member with a headache

Libertylx

Hey I'm ash, I have issues!

Unlike some tho my issues are with my build so here go's the 20 questions

1. How can I ID what ej20 I have without a vin? The previous owner isn't sure but thinks its a ej20h he said it was auto but he put the flywheel and clutch assembly onto it for me because I have a manual box, he said its a 96 JDM ej20 twin turbo from a legacy gt auto

2. Would he be meaning a gt-b?

3. I went into Repco today to buy a pair of head gaskets. They called up their supplier and the supplier didn't know what a ej20h was as they had no listing however they mentioned they could get the gaskets for the ej20r.. So will these fit the ej20h?

4. I know the ej20r has more hp than the ej20h but why?

5. Does anyone on te goldcoast have a contact for a machine shop? I want to get my block honed, sleeved and acid bathed. And want to get the heads shaved and ported and polished.

6. Does anyone know how to merge the ej20h wireing loom to a liberty lx?

7. What standalone ecu could I get away with using for my build?

8. What other parts from other ej20's are interchangeable to the ej20h?

9. I'm not sure what conrods to use, h beam or I beam?

10. Are the stock pistons in a ej20h forged?

11. What is the stock bore size for the cyliders?

12. What are the common turbo upgrades or the ej20h? I have a pair of t25's spare...

13. Why do people convert to the single turbo?

14. What is the big black box with all the air lines going to it?

15. What's the actuator next to the drivers side turbo do? It looks like some sort of external waste gate but the turbos are already internally waste gated

16. What AWD setup components do I require for a conversion from front wheel drive?

17. What other models have parts to suit my gen2 lx liberty as I need a steering rack and drivers side rear door

18. Is there a reason why the ej20h runs a balance pipe instead of twin exhausts

19. What big break setup is most commonly used on gen2 lx Liberty's?

20. Have I annoyed anyone yet?

Here is a tip. Ask questions 3 at a time, wait till answered, then keep the thread going by asking another 3, etc. I'd suggest you delete this thread and start over. Reading all 19 questions made me tired...(all honesty i only read 4)

Had no trouble asking them on other forums, just go's to show how lazy American's really are :-p

Says the guy who was too lazy to research the answers to his own questions, and prefers information be spoonfed to him by others.

That's why u originally joined a forum isn't it lucid, everyone always gives in to forums at some point.

Jav2.5 have a look around and u will see I have had more than one supportive reply from helpful Australians, thought you lot being "legacy gt" flub would be able to answer my issues without any dummy spits but typical Americans never lookout for anyone other than themselves. It's a shame considering you have such a vast over populated land mass think of how much easier things would be if you just took a page out of an Aussies book

sounds like someone has more issues with Americans than their car. I'm not sure about you, but whenever I visit somewhere new (internet forums included) I try to get an idea of culture. with that said,

-learn the culture of this site- search, go to specific areas and ask the the questions there.

-learn not to stereotype 300 million people based on a site with a few thousand users.

- if you do want to whine about America find a site dedicated to that (i'm sure there are plenty), or find an Aussie only Liberty site.

p.s. i read zero of your questions.

Had no trouble asking them on other forums, just go's to show how lazy American's really are :-p

I see. You are some kind of troll... Well mate, the truth is none of us 'Merikans have a 2.0L motor as all of the USDM LGTs have the 2.5 so we don't know the answer to any of your questions as you are asking (we also don't FWD Subarus here).

BTW, are you this guy?

http://s3.vidimg02.popscreen.com/original/36/eDBJQVV3dHlxdUUx_o_party-boy-corey-worthington-and-his-famous-sunglasses.jpg

Archived